Protein Bars

Options
Hello Everyone!!

Would like to get some suggestions on what brand/type of protein bars my MFP friends like that most. I have been eating Quest bars forever and now I'm kinda sick of it. Tried Vega protein bar last night and LOVED IT!!!

Replies

• Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    c26-B002XULC6Q-1-l.jpg
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm a long time fan of the Premier bars sold by Costco.

prem-000563.jpg
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like pure protein bars, but my favorite are Power Crunch bars both for macros and taste. They actually only have about 14 grams of protein, but they also have a lot of fat which I always struggle to get enough of.

Here's a link to the Power Crunch website: http://powercrunch.com/
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I really like the Nature Valley protein bars. Aldi makes the same exact type for half the price.
  • alan_huynh2000
    alan_huynh2000 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Have you tried homemade protein bars? There are some neat recipes out there.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I get so tired of the chocolate flavored protein bars. I'm just not a huge chocolate lover. Any suggestions for protein bars with at least 15g of protein for about 200 calories that aren't chocolate and taste good? Most of them seem to have that chemically sweetness to them that is also not so awesome. I love the Atkins Peanut Butter Granola Bars. It'd be nice to find some more variety, though.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein chewy chocolate chip protein bars (those are my go-to when I don't have time for lunch) and *really* like the Quest bars but only eat half at a time because of all the fiber.

They just came out with a new flavor so you shouldn't be sick of that one yet!

But mostly I look for 20g of protein in 200 calories or thereabouts.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Have you tried musclepharm combat crunch bars? I love them! 210 cals, 7g fat, 28 carb, 20G protein.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein - 180-210 calories for 18-21 grams of protein depending on flavors. Less than a dollar each.
  • hotchuven
    hotchuven Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite bars currently are:

- Quest Bars (Cookies and Cream)
    - Muscle Pharm Combat Crunch (Cookie Dough)

:)
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    On the go:
    Quest sometimes - they get salty and grainy
    Oh yeah victory bars - like taffy, also high in fiber
    Raw Rev - when I'm feeling paleo inspired
    Pure Protein

At home
    whatever homemade protein ball is in the freezer. Right now it's a casein, coconut flour/oil/butter, pumpkin puree, cacao, hemp mix dipped in dark chocolate
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Have you tried musclepharm combat crunch bars? I love them! 210 cals, 7g fat, 28 carb, 20G protein.

These are great!
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hammer makes a good vegan protein bar.
  • IamAddictedtoCoconuts
    Options
    Nothing beats Quest bar, it actually tastes soo good
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I love ZonePerfect cashew pretzel flavor. Also, any of the Power Crunch bars, but I have a hard time only eating one of those.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    My favorite.

pb881.jpg
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I agree with the make your own suggestion!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find a protein bar with no soy. Quest is the only one I can find, so it's all I can eat. I'd love to have something different.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Zone Perfect.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Think Thin bars, especially their Brownie Crunch flavor (230 cal). 20g of protein and no sugar (but there are sugar alcohols).