Motivational methods

Options
OK, I am trying something new...I call it my fitness Jar, it is kind of like a Swear Jar, but basically, for everyday I workout, I place a ONE on my Calendar, for every day I do NOT workout, I place a FIVE on my calendar for that day, then at the End of the month I will transfer that Amount in Dollars to my Savings account, so I started this week. Sunday 1 Monday 1, Tuesday 5, Wed 5, Thursday ? so in four days, I am already up to $12 to transfer. I am not sure what I will do with teh money, either just let it build up and invest it, or maybe go somewhere nice with the money. But this is what I am trying out, I don't have money to burn, so it would be wiser for me to work out and not be lazy. Do any of you try similar methods to entice you to work out when you don't want to?

Replies

• yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I keep a jar on my dresser and put $1 in it every time I exercise. I get to spend the money on anything I want, but it has to be frivolous and completely irresponsible! Lol. My last purchase was a very expensive jacket that I'd wanted for a long time.
  • Dragonslayer183
    Dragonslayer183 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's actually a great idea! I need something to remind me to workout everyday, and I think this idea is perfect. Thanks!

Also, I'm saving up for college right now, so this should be effective.
  • clandrum1984
    clandrum1984 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I think I may try this myself!
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. Could definitely help me to save up for my fufuture home gym. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • eatnojunk
    eatnojunk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    check out stickK you have to give money to a chairity you hate if you don't stick to your goal stickk.com
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I transferred $40 last month, I rounded up.