Favorite ethnic food? (And what dishes?)

Options
BRB_sardines
BRB_sardines Posts: 624 Member
What's your favorite ethnic food? Mine is a close call between Indian and Korean with Indian just taking it.

Favorite dishes are Keema Matar, Biryani, Chana Masala.

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I like pretty much any types of different ethnic cuisine, but my favorite dish every is a Chinese noodle dish called mei fun. It's really thin noodles with scrambled egg, mushrooms, carrots, onion, bok choy, and some other veggies and it has a really thin sauce. It is so good.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Chinese-American (pretty sure I've never had authentic)

Tossup between beef chow fun and beef/shrimp with black bean sauce.
    Mei fun dishes mentioned above are hnghhhh as well, all of it really.

Runner-up would be Greek (both actual and Greek-American)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Injera! With stew. Bet you never heard of it.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Most... but namely.. Indian and Italian
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thai!
    I love Pad thai (stir-fried rice noodles with bean sprouts, green
    onion, egg and tofu with a sweet fish/vinegar sauce topped ground peanuts) closely followed by Catfish Pad Prig (Catfish smothered in chili powder and spices with bamboo shoots and baby corn)

I really like Indian and Vietnamese food too.

My favorite indian dish is a pea curry, Vietnamese is either pho or a baked clay pot.
  • zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Being an Indian I love Indian food and otherwise I like Mexican and Italian cuisines
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    zd04 wrote: »
    Being an Indian I love Indian food and otherwise I like Mexican and Italian cuisines
    *high five* lol
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Indian and Ethiopian. Too many dishes to name.
  • akelly3391
    akelly3391 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Indian is my favorite, I love malai kofta & samosa, but I don't get it often.

Chinese I get probably once a week and either get plain lo mein or broccoli with garlic sauce
  • BRB_sardines
    BRB_sardines Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I like pretty much any types of different ethnic cuisine, but my favorite dish every is a Chinese noodle dish called mei fun. It's really thin noodles with scrambled egg, mushrooms, carrots, onion, bok choy, and some other veggies and it has a really thin sauce. It is so good.

I like Singapore mei fun

• EveFlowergirl
    EveFlowergirl Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Chana Masala, Daal, and Fried Paneer. Indian
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki chicken
    Wonton soup
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    chipotle lol
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese summer rolls and green papaya salad.

I really enjoy just about any ethnic cuisine...but I am craving Vietnamese right now.
  • EveFlowergirl
    EveFlowergirl Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    ooh! i like that! add it to mine, too, plz.
  • mehwhatever
    mehwhatever Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hmm, probably either a grilled pork bahn mi, sushi or lamb rogan josh. Can't choose!!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Any Chinese. And Indian too, but I'm not keen on hot spices so I stick to Tikka Masala. Am I allowed to say my own country? I love a good bit o' British fish and chips <3
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Indian is definitely my favorite. Any type of saag or curry is delicious in my book.

Ethiopian and (authentic) Chinese are runners up. I had this delicious tasting plate at an Ethiopian restaurant w/my boyfriend, delicious chicken stews w/hard boiled eggs and greens served on top of this flat bread (don't remember the name, but the texture was really different to what I'm used to, really tasty though).

And as for Chinese: My boyfriend took me to this authentic restaurant for dim sum and I just pigged out. Char siu bao, zongzi, battered tofu, shrimp toast were some of my faves.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean - too many dishes!! I love basically anything made with lamb, baba ghanouj, hummus, avocado and feta salad, pasta with tomatoes and feta, falafel, pita...I love Greek and Turkish dishes, a bit of Italian, Spanish and Moroccan. All the lovely grain salads like tabbouleh and wheat berries...the varied use of eggplant...so much tomato and carrot! I could eat that stuff every day.
  • mehwhatever
    mehwhatever Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Oh! And shawarma! There's this place uptown that makes the BEST spicy chicken shawarma wraps.