5'4 female

Options
hummingbirdhope
hummingbirdhope Posts: 101 Member
edited December 2014 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Is 108 lb a good goal? Im unable to do weightlifting due to health reasons so I do yoga and barre classes

24 y/o
32ddd

Replies

• lmc657
    lmc657 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At 5'4" 108 lbs is at the very low end of normal. It's almost underweight, but it depends on your frame.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    No it is not a good goal. See your previous thread, you will still get the same answers as before.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30600946#Comment_30600946
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    it's fine. i'm 5'4" and around 107.

is 32ddd your bra size? why are you telling us that? sounds large for those stats.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Based on your previous thread about your body dysmorphia and anorexia, all I am going to suggest is you keep working with your therapist/counselor. Please don't go on any forums asking for public opinion about your body right now. If you do have questions, again, talk to your therapist.

If you don't have a therapist, here's a couple links that might help you.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Not sure why cup size was included, but if OP is a ddd, that can affect what is a healthy weight for her. Compare an A cup with a triple D. Am I wrong to say there could be 5-7 pound difference in boobage alone? If anything I would suggest than means a healthy weight is slightly higher than average for 5'4
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I'm 5'4 and 118 or so lbs, and I wear a size zero in pants, and shirts from the children's department much of the time....

107 would be scary skinny on me.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5". As a teen/young adult I weighed 102 lbs. I did not have much muscle (still don't, but I'm trying), and I have a very small frame. At 102 I looked very slim but not unhealthily skinny.

Also, OP might not be soliciting opinions on appearance so much as really trying to understand what is a realistic goal for her. Every body is different, and weight distribution really makes a difference in size. None of us can really judge for sure whether or not a certain weight is "too skinny", especially if it is within a healthy range according to "the charts". I know the charts are not the bible, but they are a good starting place and can be used to point someone in the right direction.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »
    I am 5'2.5". As a teen/young adult I weighed 102 lbs. I did not have much muscle (still don't, but I'm trying), and I have a very small frame. At 102 I looked very slim but not unhealthily skinny.

Also, OP might not be soliciting opinions on appearance so much as really trying to understand what is a realistic goal for her. Every body is different, and weight distribution really makes a difference in size. None of us can really judge for sure whether or not a certain weight is "too skinny", especially if it is within a healthy range according to "the charts". I know the charts are not the bible, but they are a good starting place and can be used to point someone in the right direction.

She has an eating disorder and BDD. A public forum really isn't the place to go right now (reference her other thread. Link is above) She should be focusing on getting better and talking with her therapist about these concerns.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Did not know ddd was a thing
  • Aviva92
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I dunno, I'm 5'4 and 118 or so lbs, and I wear a size zero in pants, and shirts from the children's department much of the time....

107 would be scary skinny on me.

at 107 pounds, i'm a size 2 in pants, not zero. at 118 pounds, i was probably at least a size 4, probably 6. my shirts are extra small though. we aren't all built the same way. 107 is not scary skinny on me. i was that through my early 20's, then gained weight and then got back to it in my late 30's. it isn't unheard of for me. you are not me. pretty sure that nobody irl has told me that i'm too skinny.
  • Aviva92
    edited December 2014
    Options
    MissJay75 wrote: »
    Not sure why cup size was included, but if OP is a ddd, that can affect what is a healthy weight for her. Compare an A cup with a triple D. Am I wrong to say there could be 5-7 pound difference in boobage alone? If anything I would suggest than means a healthy weight is slightly higher than average for 5'4

the cup size seemed odd to me. i doubt it's all that possible to have those stats with a 32DDD naturally.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Thats 54 pounds each.
  • KWKY
    KWKY Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thats 54 pounds each.

:#

At that weight you'd fall forward when you stand up!!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    The issues you have will not go away in a year of therapy. And I'm hoping you are getting CBT as that's one of the best for the BDD as well as good for anorexia, though there are others that are a bit better for anorexia at times. I know you want help through the forums, but if you understand your disorder well, then you know that you will NEVER hear what you want to hear and even if you do, it won't be something you take in to heart.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4 aiming for 125lbs, I have a medium frame though and little boobies
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Based on your previous thread about your body dysmorphia and anorexia, all I am going to suggest is you keep working with your therapist/counselor. Please don't go on any forums asking for public opinion about your body right now. If you do have questions, again, talk to your therapist.

If you don't have a therapist, here's a couple links that might help you.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/

+1000

I will say, though, that if you are truly a natural 32F, your goal range should be somewhere in the 130's.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Did not know ddd was a thing

AKA "F"
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »

the cup size seemed odd to me. i doubt it's all that possible to have those stats with a 32DDD naturally.

Of course it's possible. I'm 1.75" taller and have those stats. However, I agree the weight aspect wouldn't be realistic. She'd probably be looking around 115 - 125 for a reasonable goal.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am 46 years old and my current is 118. My goal is 108.. I am 5'4" and small frame. There are examples of healthy weight for a 5'4" small, medium and large frame... But if you small to med frame def doable.
  • Aviva92
    edited December 2014
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Aviva92 wrote: »

Of course it's possible. I'm 1.75" taller and have those stats. However, I agree the weight aspect wouldn't be realistic. She'd probably be looking around 115 - 125 for a reasonable goal.

if you throw out the weight aspect, then you don't have those "stats" and have misinterpreted my point entirely.