Done starting over...

Options
I am sick, sick, sick of starting over. I often start over because I am imperfect! Perfectionism has led me to accomplish "nothing" because I live in an all or nothing bubble. No longer will I live with this mindset. I am no longer giving perfection power over my life. I am more interesting, and lovely, and beautiful because I am flawed. I need the flaws, I need the realness.

I have let my weight define me and my worth. Starting today, I will embrace this beautiful body I have the blessing to live in. I have a smart mind, loving friends, an education, and sure, a curvy little body to match. But I am more than this body I am in. My name is Ashley and I am embracing my life no longer as a perfectionist.

I will start making small genuine steps to become the person I choose to be, and it starts with wanting a fit and healthy body!

Please feel free to friend me. :)

Replies

• Sheseeksstrength
    Sheseeksstrength Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump*
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

So, what's the plan?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    As I always tell people ' if I was perfect, I would be boreing'.
    Go right ahead, shed your black and white cloak and let the world see all the colours of you.

MFP is a great, friendly place for you to start your unveiling.

Cheers, h.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    #JustGotReal

Awesome post. Perfectionism is a killer for people. We all struggle and will make poor decisions. It's a fact. The successful people stumble and fall flat on their face, get up, dust themselves off, and keep right on going. You've got this! Consistency over time will get you to your goals.

Allan
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great job, go get it!
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you have discovered this important idea. Perfectionism has it's place (brain surgery maybe?) but not in the way we live our lives. Especially not in the way we eat. It only makes you obsess about it and leads to misery and failure as you have found out.
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    We can't be perfect, and shouldn't try. Setting goals that are unattainable will only lead to a letdown. All you can do is promise yourself to do the best you can.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I know that all or nothing feel, flexible dieting with a moderate deficit 10-20% of TDEE is best
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Good Mindset. Best wishes on your WOE.