Face bloating post carb indulgence

Options
Okay so it's the holidays. Christmas get togethers here and there. I've been eating too much sweets and had a horrible carb YOLO binge last night and a few days before that. I know I know, eat in moderation. That was totally my fault and I hold myself accountable. Not blaming anyone else, I should be in control and want it bad enough. (Been suffering from BED and have had a good control on it lately but being surrounded with so much sweets, logic and reasoning gets thrown away, sadly. :( I know, just stop binging but Christ, easier said than done especially when you're in that zone.)

Anyway, these days have resulted in me having a carb face, or face bloating. I know I've gained weight from all those eating, up almost 5 or 10lbs from eating horribly. I know I know some of those is water.

Problem: I have a lot more of Christmas get togethers coming my way. My face is bloated and that 1-2lb gain is doing a huge number on my face making me look like I gained 10 actual pounds. :( Putting a strain on my confidence.

Question: How do I get rid of that facial bloat quickly? I do have another party to go to in like 24 hours and I don't know, I was just wondering maybe you guys have natural remedies that might have worked for you guys to relieve facial bloating ASAP! I've been drinking water and tea.

How long does the bloating go away? I feel so freaking huge that I don't want to go out. :(

Help?

Replies

• Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When I overdo it, I drink a couple more glasses of water. Seems to help me personally. Also, a nice relaxing steam or a good facial exfoliation and moisturizer. It doesn't help with the bloat, but it makes the bloat more pretty. LOL
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It might be more salt than carb that is making you bloat. But anyway, drink your water and get a good sleep. Tomorrow, drink your water and eat healthy food.

No need to force in extra water. Just keep a bottle handy, take a sip when you think of it. Drink to your thirst and that will work. Your body knows when it needs more water and will crank up thirst accordingly. :)

(Edit to add that I didn't read the previous reply and wasn't purposefully disagreeing with that. I just know that sometimes people feel the need to drink more than they need.)
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Green tea with lemon usually works for me, and pineapple as well. And drink lots of water. While what Kalikel said about your body telling you when it is thirsty is true, you aren't trying to keep your body adequately hydrated, you are trying to manipulate your water levels. So, drink lots of water. If you are not pissing like a race horse, you aren't drinking enough.

Don't overdo it, though. Your body can flush out somewhere between 0,5-1 liters of water per hour, don't put in any more than that or you are making things worse.

EDIT: Also, stay away from carbs. One gram of carbs will retain four grams of water. Try to eat as close to zero carbs as you can for the day, and eat mostly protein.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Carbs = bloat. Do potassium. Don't overdo it, if you're taking a supplement. My go-to's are cucumber, tomatoes and spinach.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're retaining, so drink tons of water.