Have you signed up for GymPact yet?

Options
SDkitty
SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
Hello friends! I think this is such a cool idea, what better way to hold people accountable for working out then their own hard earned cash? :tongue:

I was disappointed at first because I don't use a gym so I couldn't use it but now they've hooked it up to runkeeper so I'm stoked!

Has anyone else joined this yet? Has anyone had to pay up for not working out yet?

:flowerforyou:

http://gym-pact.com/

tumblr_ma5m2uHmr71rrdiwlo1_250_zps123a3887.gif

Replies

• bonelessskinless
    Options
    Never heard of it, but i'll check it out. Sounds interseting.
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    seems like it would be easy to do fake check ins but i'm sure they've addressed that
  • lizziegs
    lizziegs Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's only easy if you are within a certain radius of a gym for the minimum amount of time for the gps to track. I used to do it but don't belong to a gym anymore.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You can't really "fake check" because it's based off of your GPS...and you have to be at the gym for at least 30 minutes for it to count. I can't imagine someone taking the time to sit in a gym parking lot for 30 minutes for a few cents but I guess it's possible.

And @ lizziegs, I don't use a gym either, you can sync it with runkeeper (that tracks your walks/runs/cycling with GPS) now and it works pretty well. I did my first one last night and it synced right away!

:flowerforyou:
  • IamDoe
    IamDoe Posts: 24
    Options
    I signed up for it. I don't go to the gym, but it is synced with runkeeper. I did a trial (didn't put payment info in there yet) to see if it had problems syncing and getting credit for my runs. No problems! I will be signing up with payment info in a few mins.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Way to many negative reviews and apparent problems with it. Not giving it my cc#.