Fat friends..

2»

Replies

• njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    I would want new friends!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    I would say time for some new friends. Next time they ask you out be like no I was really not impressed by all the gossip and mean things you guys said. It makes me wonder what you've been saying about me behind my back.
  • texasmom2013
    texasmom2013 Posts: 64 Member
    palwithme wrote: »
    karyabc wrote: »

and then the pearl of the night was one of the husband of my friend who said something like 'well if you're 28 and haven't got married it is pretty much that is not gonna happened for you and that's just sad (im 27 ,single -__-)

Not true. You are still young and have plenty of time to find someone.

I agree. My friend's mom is like 55 and just got married for the second time. Also you said you haven't really seen any of them for a while...maybe you should think about why you're holding onto these people. Is it because you feel obligated? If so I would try to find new friends. I actually had this happen to me. I thought some of my friends cared about me, but they didn't. They would also talk bad about other people in front of me and I realized one day that if they'll say it in front of you then they'll say it about you. I realized that when I wasn't around they were saying the same ugly things about me! Flush those negative people out of your life! It's done wonders for me. I have new friends now that I know care about me and are always there for me and that's what you need too.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    See, I would call these people a group of people I used to hang out with, not friends. You don't need that nonsense.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    See, I would call these people a group of people I used to hang out with, not friends. You don't need that nonsense.

This!

I have a group of freakin' cool friends, they seem much younger than their age (mid to late 30's) and are fun, strong, interesting women. We seriously DO NOT gossip or badmouth one another. So it's possible. However it took a lot of "breaking up" with what I'd call typical girls to find my tribe of cool chicks...so yeah...it happens.

I would not hang out with those women much or at all. If you can even call them women!

BTW I know how cruddy that feels, too. I worked with a woman who would talk about her sister-in-law's dramatic weight gain in front of me when I was at my heaviest (307 lb) and she even said, "I don't mean like YOU...I'm talking like 300 lb!" While I'm sure she thought she chose an impossibly high number, it was very hurtful!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I would say time for some new friends. Next time they ask you out be like no I was really not impressed by all the gossip and mean things you guys said. It makes me wonder what you've been saying about me behind my back.

ooh yeah I love that line!
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    That's women for ya. I wouldn't dump them though. Even Tyra Banks says best friends talk about best friends. No one is a saint.
  • karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    DOOOONT leave them. Use them as motivation!!! if you're not happy change something, and use that feeling you felt that night every time it's hard for you to get up early or go to the gym or eat healthy!!! AHHH im getting motivated just thinking of it! Grind in your own time without them looking and prove them wrong. that's insanely rude what they said that night and in front of your face! it makes me mad!! but at the same time it makes me want to go back to the gym right now. Use the pain to make you better. good luck with everything!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    karyabc wrote: »
    :( So yesterday i was at a dinner birthday party at applebee's , a small one with only 7 of my closest friends witch most of them i haven't seen for a while cause they are living abroad, anyway much gossip happened about other people aspect and how much we have change since college, they where meannnnnn is like for real doesn't common sense tells you that is an awful thing to talk/criticize about other people weight issues when your "best friend" who is obese is in front of you?
    people they're like can't forgive the fact that someone have weight issues :o they were like "omg have u seen lately X person, she's so fat, did you see her arms? and her face? (ohhhh i swear all wanted to do was punch them in the mouth! this was about a friend of us who maybe have gain 10 pound at the most)

and then the pearl of the night was one of the husband of my friend who said something like 'well if you're 28 and haven't got married it is pretty much that is not gonna happened for you and that's just sad (im 27 ,single -__-)

i just goshhh felt so bad and couldn't wait to get home, i suppose someone can relate to the situation or it just might be that i have the worst group of friend ever

They sound like people you don't need in your life no matter your size. I'd make new friends and miss the next get together.
    Get married when you meet the right person. Don't get married because you are almost 28. That is ridiculous. There isn't a clock ticking.
    People get married and re-married at all ages. There is nothing wrong with being older and single or getting married later. My parents were 27 and 35 when they got married and were married until my mom died over 30 years later. My dad got re-married in his 70's, father-in-law remarried in his 50's, mother-in-law is also on her 3rd marriage and well over 28 as well.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    DOOOONT leave them. Use them as motivation!!! if you're not happy change something, and use that feeling you felt that night every time it's hard for you to get up early or go to the gym or eat healthy!!! AHHH im getting motivated just thinking of it! Grind in your own time without them looking and prove them wrong. that's insanely rude what they said that night and in front of your face! it makes me mad!! but at the same time it makes me want to go back to the gym right now. Use the pain to make you better. good luck with everything!

thank you so much for your post!, that is exactly what i'm doing, is like i can't wait for next Christmas when i have to face them again :\ i know i won't be the same person cause i hell won't give up in my journey to become a better version of me
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member

They sound like people you don't need in your life no matter your size. I'd make new friends and miss the next get together.
    Get married when you meet the right person. Don't get married because you are almost 28. That is ridiculous. There isn't a clock ticking.
    People get married and re-married at all ages. There is nothing wrong with being older and single or getting married later. My parents were 27 and 35 when they got married and were married until my mom died over 30 years later. My dad got re-married in his 70's, father-in-law remarried in his 50's, mother-in-law is also on her 3rd marriage and well over 28 as well.[/quote]

people who own live doesn't seem enough and want to give opinion about other people choices of life, annoying i know! i don't feel bad about my single status but apparently that bothers a lot people :s