Question for female runners with a big chest

Options
What sports bra do you use? I've tried 2 so far and they don't keep my boobs from bouncing all over the place :(

Replies

• mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm a fan of moving comfort's maia bra. I think they have a couple of other ones recommended for running and lots of sizes but I like underwire. Look for bras that go higher than normal bras so they control the up and down motion as well as side to side. Aren't bosoms great? :laugh:
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorbers are good..... I do not have the big chest issue, but my oldest daughter did when she played volleyball in school, and that was the one we got for her and it was very comfortable and supportive.
    I think we got it at the Bay....
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I have 32DDDs and can run in my Enell sports bras. They're not pretty and they're expensive, but they're wonderful.
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    mochapygmy wrote: »
    I'm a fan of moving comfort's maia bra. I think they have a couple of other ones recommended for running and lots of sizes but I like underwire. Look for bras that go higher than normal bras so they control the up and down motion as well as side to side. Aren't bosoms great? :laugh:

x2....though now I'm gonna try MC's Juno. High neckline to keep the girls down, thicker straps that don't move. Pricy, but totally worth it to keep my 32 Ds from bouncing all over the place.

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Target has a C9 line by Champion that has some high support models. They are reasonably priced too--under $25.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

+1 for moving comfort. I use one of the running specific bras. It's awesome.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sappy42 wrote: »

x2....though now I'm gonna try MC's Juno. High neckline to keep the girls down, thicker straps that don't move. Pricy, but totally worth it to keep my 32 Ds from bouncing all over the place.

x3. Love. I had the Fiona but tried the Juno because I'm currently nursing and this bra is very comfortable on my runs. It is so comfy I wear it when not exercising too.

If you go to their site they have a little survey thing that helps narrow down which model is best for you and what you want.
  • kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of moving comfort's maia bra. I think they have a couple of other ones recommended for running and lots of sizes but I like underwire. Look for bras that go higher than normal bras so they control the up and down motion as well as side to side. Aren't bosoms great?
    Double recommend this! The Moving Comfort Maia is the best bra out there for keeping the girls in. I use them for everyday wear too.

• pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber with the extra strap across the upper back; works for me - I'm a 34f
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I use Lane Bryant's sports bras (with underwire). Made for high impact.
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34F and the best bra I've found is this one by Panache http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/panache-sports-bra/multi-print/pr100mup/?level=1
    Shock absorber are pretty good too. I normally go down a cup size in a sports bra to hold everything in a little bit tighter.
  • Tattedupmommy5
    Tattedupmommy5 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I bought a sports bra at target when I first started my weight loss journey. It was a size XXL, I wore a 44 DDD! The sports bras at target run very small. My breasts were popping out from the sides.
    Now, 77 pounds down, it still fits, but it's very, very loose. I went to Walmart and bought 2 size medium thick stretch sports bras and I wear all 3 with a very tight tank top and my breasts stay in place and I can run faster and also do my High knees in Insanity.
    Just double up on the bras and wear a very tight tank top or shirt and you'll be fine. :)
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber with the extra strap across the upper back; works for me - I'm a 34f

I definitely like ones with a strap higher up - keeps the up & down motion under control!

I had a shock absorber like that & it did the trick (but I couldn't fasten the top strap without hubby's help).
    The more recent panache discovery is good because I can do it up myself! :smile:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Athleta has a great bra with an underwire. I have 2 of them. They're compression bras, but they don't flatten you out like most sports bras and they totally keep the girls still. I wear a 34D.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    FitFroglet wrote: »

I definitely like ones with a strap higher up - keeps the up & down motion under control!

I had a shock absorber like that & it did the trick (but I couldn't fasten the top strap without hubby's help).
    The more recent panache discovery is good because I can do it up myself! :smile:

Oh yes I need help with the top strap too!!
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    In for the title of this thread...;)
  • MSHGW1983
    MSHGW1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to work for Bravissimo, and found these two styles were the most supportive. http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/dplus-max-sports-bra/black/be59bl/?level=1
    http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/panache-sports-bra/multi-print/pr100mup/?level=1
    Try and get the bra fitted if you can. If you can't get one fitted my advice would be to get as tights a band as you can tolerate and the smallest cup you can fit in without spilling out of the top/bottom/sides. A sports bra needs to compress your boobs down to stop you bouncing, so the firmer it is the better.

Hope this helps!
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm down to a 32E now but have also ran with an F and G cup before I got down to a low weight. I always buy Shock Absorber. The product code is B4490 but they have recently changed it to S4490. Maximum support right there :) Also, the Shock Absorber Run Bra is also very effective. Those are the ones I use and I would never stray from them. I am based in the UK though, not sure where you are?
  • Beachlady24
    Beachlady24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Very informative, THANKS~! I will check out the ones mentioned above :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I went to a Brassiere/corset shop spent $40 on a running bra. BEST thing I ever did. So comfortable and supportive. I actually want to wear it all the time. B)