P90X ?

Options
So right now I'm about to finish Insanity and I started to think about buying P90X, but there's P90X,2,3 etc.. I wanted to know if any of you did any of these programs and which one would be the best. I don't want the "easy" one like 10 minute trainer thing, I want the hardest workouts who burn the most calories and give you the best results. I was thinking getting P90X, then 2, 3 etc.. because like Insanity, I would first do Insanity, and then the Asylum. Any advice ? Thanks :smiley:

Replies

• LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I did P90x in 2013 & intend to do a 2nd round of it 2015. I like the weight lifting part of it.
  • becess96
    becess96 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing P90X instead of Insanity Asylum because I feel flat after losing 20 pounds haha and the good thing about P90X is that you lift weights and build some more strength and muscle than Insanity while still doing some cardio like Plyo so it would be a great thing for me since I'm 150 lbs right now and I don't really need to lose more pounds now (sure, I can't see my veins like 4% bodyfat bodybuilders but I don't have bellyfat or love handles)
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    p90x has variety which is awesome, kenpo, diff weight work on areas for diff days, plyo, yoga. I'd say asylum is a more challenge style workout that uses sports style of training, I haven't tried asylums yet but that's the impression I get from DVD breakdowns and previews. I have done insanity months ago and currently doing the new max 30, coming off tapout xt.

Depends on how you feel :) read the reviews on amazon, blogs, and try to see workout previews on youtube to see if you want to go that path next (especially on p90x2)
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome....its what kickstarted my fitness. P90X 2 is great but LOONG. Too much focus on self myofascial release in my opinion. It's good for you, but it seems its almost the focus. Definitely uses the NASM model of training.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    If you have questions about any of the programs feel free to hit me up, I've done most of them and am about to start Insanity MAX 30
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Start with P90X. P90X2 is built upon P90X, it's not required that you do P90X2 first, but it'd be difficult if you haven't. Also, P90X2 requires more equipment than P90X, ranging from medicine balls to balance balls, all P90X requires weights or resistance bands.

P90X3 is a separate program, and it's not meant to be a graduate of either P90X or X2. It's 30 minutes for each video, and it's okay. I definitely preferred the workouts in P90X, even though it was longer. P90X3 just lacked a certain something to me. I much prefer P90X or Insanity or Insanity Max 30.

Good luck.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Go with the granddaddy of them all.......P90X.
    P90X2 tries to build upon P90X, except that the warm up is way too long that I almost fall asleep before the workout begins.

Like another poster mentioned, P90X3 isn't really a sequel, nor does it build upon P90X or X2. I think people complained about the length of P90X, P90X2 and some of the Insanity workouts, so both Tony Horton and Shaun T came out with P90X3 and Focus T25 to give people intense workouts under 30 minutes.

As far as ranking the P90X workouts go, #1 is P90X, #2 is P90X3, and P90X2 is somewhere around #10 or 11........just avoid P90X2, not enough workout, too much equipment.