Do you peek/open Christmas gifts early?

Options
Hey! Hubby was just Oh so mysteriously trying to hide my Christmas gift, and I was like: "You already know me well enough that I would never ruin my surprise by peeking." Even the gifts that my parents send in the mail, and would never know if I opened them, I just don't. I don't even shake them or try to figure out what it is. I love the surprise Christmas morning. So now I'm curious. What about y'all? Is it too tempting for you not to peek? And I don't mean for people who have different traditions like opening them on Christmas Eve etc. I mean legitimate peeking before you're supposed to.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Nope, never peek or open anything early, I'd rather just wait.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Maybe if I got Christmas gifts I might be tempted.......... :'(
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options

This.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Peak ? I've been riding mine around for the last 3 months lol
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

You should have mentioned this sooner, I would have sent you one :-)
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Sooner? You still have 5 days to supply me with a gift. :D
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I never peek or open anything until Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the 27th. I have a very large family so we have to celebrate on three separate days.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Never - and peekers seriously annoy me.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Na I always get the same ole lump of coal :'(
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't think the cat that appeared a week before Christmas under the tree between the other gifts (thirteen years ago) counts as peeking... Sandy Claws brought it sooner because momma cat had given birth in time for him to arrive at that time lol.
    On a serious note, nope... Never did, except when I had to chose my gift lol
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Never. I like surprises, even as a kid I never peeked.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    One year when my cousin and I were 10 we went downstairs after the gifts were wrapped and placed and very carefully peeled the tape to see what everyone got for Christmas. Except we were 10 and not sneaky at all. We were totally busted and had to turn over half our gifts until we worked off our punishments. Lesson learned. Now I don't get gifts from anyone, but I doubt I would sneak a peek. It's all part of the fun.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I did once when I was little, I regretted it like crazy. That was the year I discovered Santa wasn't real because I found the karaoke machine in my parents closet and a week later "Santa" brought it....Never again!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I do if someone sends a gift in the mail ahead of time & I end up having to reciprocate.....I need to know what kind of dollar figure I'm looking at. If its after Christmas, then all bets are off.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    When I was about 13 I peeked at all my gifts. I was so disappointed on Christmas morning. Not one surprise- and I still can recall how sad I felt about that. So, no- I never peek or even try to guess at gifts.