POPCORN!? Help pliz

Options
I wanted to know if a lot of the amc and regal popcorn nutrition facts here are correct. One reading of a small un-buttered reads in at about 380 or so while other people have logged it in at nearly 700 calories for the same serving (un-buttered as well).

I've googled trying to find some straight answers and there's only one story done 4 years ago regarding the calorie count in movie theater popcorn from big chains. I ask because I don't mind eating a small bag if it fits my daily goals but with the inconsistency and lack of evidence it's tough to find what to believe. If anyone can shed light please share!

-Wayne

Replies

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    If you go often try emailing the cinemas. I guess it depends on whether it is air or oil popped.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 905 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    blueakama wrote: »
    If you go often try emailing the cinemas. I guess it depends on whether it is air- or oil-popped.

Just tried looking up the information. Unable to get snackbar information, but they promote all the restaurants.

https://amctheatres.com/food-and-drink/showtime-snacks (AMC)
    lalive.com/eat (Regal LA)

As I remember it, most theater popcorn is popped in oil (it's been a few years since I've gone to a walk-in theater).