hello everybody i have a question?

Options
so im finally maintaining and sticking again to my goals
and always active but I recently got through recovery of a cyst and want to get back to working out. im really in to beach body and I miss doing my workouts but my doctor said I could only workout for 30 minutes, im really into rio extreme its a lot of fun but its over 30 minutes pretty much its around 50 so I was thinking if I could make it shorter basically tweek it so that its actually around 30 minutes or 35 or 40 the most. get all the cardio first then do all the weight strength training does anybody any suggestions? like all the power lunges I counted all the moves to all the cardio sessions and there around 100 for each which is a lot so anybody have a any ideas? this is how the workout starts,

Warm up jogging and squats jump rope around 4 minutes long
then its overhead press squat 14
Booty drums 1 minute 40
Arnold press with squat 14
then its elbow to knees exactly 74
then plie with bicep curls 14
elbow to knee again 74
plie with hammer and tree pose
then its the frevo a Brazilian dance with a lot of energy 1 minute 30 seconds
Lateral raise with lunge 12
jump rope again 2 minutes
lateral raise 12
Power lunges 1 minute 40 seconds
Dead lift 14
Double squat 1 minute 40 seconds
Dead lift with leg raise 14
afro Brazilian lunge 1 minute 30
lunge with rows 24
Burpees 12
triceps with squat 14
123 dance to the side 32
chest press 24
roll ups with sit up 32
chest fly's 24
pullover leg touches 30
superman

then after the cool down with the warrior and downward dog pose
its a lot of moves but I'm trying to modify it to fit 40 minutes
so can anybody give me advice I want to continue the same workout but I have to shorten it would really appreciate any feedback happy holidays everybody stay healthy (:

Replies

• Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would totally cut the Burpees. Eff the Burpees. I hate those.
    Personal preference though.

Now, for my real advice: round the sets down. If they do 34, round it down to 30. 14, down to 10. See how that times out. That way you don't miss any core moves, you just don't have quite as many reps while you're in your recovery phase.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Deadlift, squat, bench press, shoulder press, row. 3x a week.
    Or do an ABA BAB schedule. Or upper/lower 4x a week. Most of what you are doing is unnecessary.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Or do an ABA BAB schedule. Or upper/lower 4x a week. Most of what you are doing is unnecessary.

She said she enjoyed it
    *more than one way to skin a cat*
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Your header makes me think, "I don't know, do you?".

I don't know what half of those exercises are, or what your goals are, but my first thought was to remove some of the "again" lines.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I think you're overthinking it. One day do the first half (25 mins.) of the video. The next day, do the next half. They're videos, right?

If your doctor said "30 minutes max", why do more? That extra 5 minutes isn't going to help anything. Go for a walk. Work on healthy cooking skills. There is lots you can do for your health that isn't Beachbody!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

She said she enjoyed it

I think I :heart: you @rabbitjb
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Bag the cardio and lift weights.
  • rebeccatackett
    rebeccatackett Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you like Beachbody, they have several workout programs that are 30 minutes. Look at those. It's always best to stick with what you actually like to do instead of forcing yourself to do something you don't like.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

She said she enjoyed it

She also said she wants to reduce her time, and most of what she is doing is unnecessary. Especially if she's doing 100 reps. So that is an easy way to reduce the time while cutting out the unnecessary stuff, and it should still be as enjoyable if not more so.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?