Bike Riding

gio0323
gio0323 Posts: 294 Member
Anyone doing any cycling. I just joined MFP again, used to be here a few years ago. Starting to bike ride and decided to join again. Anyone else doing this? How is it working? Open to new friends feel free to add me

Replies

• LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    I lost all my weight on a bike. I began at 235+lbs (I had stopped weighing after that) and started at a little under a mile a day. I'm 152lbs (Still losing!) and still ride like a mad man. I do road cycling and I do mountain biking, depending on the time of year.

Bike riding can be an amazing weight loss helper. It became what I was good at and became my life very quickly. Good luck!!!!
  • gio0323
    gio0323 Posts: 294 Member
    I'm looking forward to see what will happen.

That's amazing very happy for you :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2014
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    I bought a recumbent trike last summer and have hit the rails to trails as much as I could (until the weather got too cold :\. A recumbent is incredibly easy on the back and backside, and I couldn't believe how quickly I was able to add miles to my personal best. By the end of the fall season I was doing 20+ mile rides and tours. I have never been athletic so this is a big deal for me. Good luck with your cycling. I would say, the number one most important this is, find a bike that fits your height and go to a bike shop for help and advice. Number two most important- some bike shorts with padding if you're doing a regular bicycle. My husband got me into recumbents because he has a two wheel bent because of his back surgeries. I can't wait for the warm weather to come back!