Losing 20lbs in about 1 months O.O Please help!

Options
Okay so I've lost 40lbs so far and I need to lose about 40 more....but 20 more till I get to a comfortable point though and The reason I need to rush this weight lose is well I'm trying to go on a trip (Unknown) . Me and my sister made a deal that the only way to get there is to be 20lbs lighter and I'm on board!!!

So if idk any ideas or ways to help me complete or be successful in this please share. I'm desperate >.< Super confusing sorry just excited lol

Replies

• coop52
    coop52 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cut off a limb or two, and you should be set!

Serious answer- it's highly unlikely you'd lose that much in a month. That'd require a loss of 5 lbs a week, which isn't healthy or feasible for most people. You could probably do 8-10, depending on your diet and exercise routines. And you do unhealthy things to lose the 20 lbs in a month, it'd come right back. In the long run, it's best to take it slow.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You could try a fasting plan but really, I caution against this. You would not want to be too sick to travel because you engaged in unhealthy behavior. Really, the best thing to do would be to continue with a moderate weight loss plan and push heavy weight. The scale will not show a 20 lb loss but the increased muscle toning will make you look like you lost more than you did.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The other thread got deleted for a reason.

20lbs in a month, unless you are obese and have a lot of weight to lose is not healthy. Losing 20lbs for a trip is not worth the health risks.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    5 lbs/week ? Crazy talk. Can't help with that.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The other thread got deleted for a reason.

20lbs in a month, unless you are obese and have a lot of weight to lose is not healthy. Losing 20lbs for a trip is not worth the health risks.

^^ THIS ^^ Thank you, thisismeraw, I thought it sounded familiar!!