5:2 fasting

Options
I have been doing this on and off for 2 years. For me it works because i love to eat and by limiting calories 2 days a week I can eat what I want on my nonfast days and still maintain my weight. On fast days, I don't really fast. They recommend women eat 500 calories and men eat 600 calories for 2 days a week. Is anyone else having success with this way of eating?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yep! This is the ONLY way of eating that has allowed me to lose weight.
    Except I do alternate day fasting. I'll go back to 5 : 2 or 6 : 1 to maintain.
  • lizzyhood
    lizzyhood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm planning on doing the 5 2 diet as well! I'm wondering what times to eat and what sorta things to eat on the fast days! X
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I do! I usually fast tues and thurs. Mainly stick to raw fruits/veg of fast days....im never hungry that way.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Check out this website: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/
    Gives you all the info you need and no costs involved.
    Stef.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i usually eat protein and veggies on fast days, unless I am biking, then i eat more carbs. you really have to watch the portions to stay < 500 calories
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I normally run the 16:8 fasting protocol. I've tinkered around with having one fast day a week, I didnt need to lose weight, but I put a few on over the holidays so I'm going to do the 5:2 and take them off.