Ballet beautiful results?

Options
Has anyone have any success with these workouts? I have the first of her dvd. They are nice for my lazy days or AKA wintertime.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Judging from the vids on Youtube, the exercises seem to have a very low calorie output, so i would expect slow progress. If anyone saw "results" doing it, it probably was from dietary changes.
    Not a big fan of workouts that cater to the spot-reduction myth.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I like BB. It's a nice and challenging workout. Swan Arms are the devil. I moved on to higher intensity things, but I would recommend it to people looking for low intensity exercise and those on a time crunch.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with these videos because I like group exercise classes, but I just started going to open ballet class at my Y and love it. Today I bought a pair of ballet slippers. The instructor is fantastic.

I have no dance background, but people are pretty accepting in the class.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't know this video, but I use the NYC Ballet one (it's on YouTube) sometimes on off days. If it's like that or barre classes, where you do battement tendus and plies and releves and stuff like that, I reckon it's probably good for ankle strength and flexibility, knee and hip stabilizers, and posture. I need to work on all those things, so I like it for that, but really I'd count it as stretching or slow yoga. I wouldn't rely on it for fat loss or muscle development.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I have used the BB videos but prefer the Barre3 - I find that if I start my day with a BB or Barre3 workout I walk "taller" , breath better and even my horn practice session is better. I am starting the open ballet class with the Houston Ballet in January. I think they are great to learn and then use as rotation to yoga /dance/PT Sessions. I am pretty amazed how "shake-y" my legs,glutens, core and arms get after a full hour or even 10 minute session of barre - I see major results, but I also make sure I get 10000 steps in a day. I want a real barre for my home now, rather than using a countertop!
    -