Your 14 year old ran 31 minutes. Wow!
  • mdoyle28
    mdoyle28 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It did feel great.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and 31 minutes is a 6 MPH pace, That is pretty impressive for someone who has never done it before.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Great job! And as others have said, 31 minutes is great!

I'm working towards a 5k (then eventually longer), and I can't wait for the amazing feeling you get when you finish your first one.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Great job! I just ran my first 5k a few weeks ago - I'm 34, and never ran in my life either. Can't believe I actually enjoy it. :smile:
  • mdoyle28
    Options
    Your 14 year old ran 31 minutes. Wow!

She did, she is a very sporty 14 yr old! Very proud of her!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Great job for you and your daughter.

Way to get her off in the right direction.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm training for a 5K using the C25K programme and would love to do a 5K in 30-35 minutes. That's an amazing time or your first one!
    That's truly awesome and inspirational.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    What's the average time for the first time running a 5k run? I'm curious because im looking into doing a color-run in October, just started training and have never been a runner, but I'm loving my training already!

When I look at average times for the races I've done it's usually 32-35 mins. 31 mins is a pretty decent pace, especially for first timers!
  • mdoyle28
    Options
    o: thats awesome.
    my first one is in July O.O i feel im not ready for it. but im still training hard as i can . <3

as far as feeling you are not ready...I seriously felt the same way and was trying to come up with ways out of it, never said out loud to anyone I was considering it but I was scared, I never practiced running before race either, just daily gym visits for 7 weeks. You can do it for sure!ote]
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! 31 is not bad at all for your first time it will get better and better those are addictive and motivating great job :D
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    First 5k and you post a 31 minute finish? Obviously it was all downhill.........JOKING KUDOS to you I have a long way to go before I break the 40 minute mark ...you should be proud and kudos to your kid as well GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is very exciting!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    31 minutes is awesome.
    I'd say around 40 minutes for the first 5k is pretty good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!