Weight loss after being ill.

Hi, everyone. Haven't been here in a few days as I've been sick with what I think is viral fever. This caused me not to eat much, as I lost my appetite and also didn't want anything coming back up. It's been 4 days of eating lightly, way under my required caloric intake I'm sure, and I've lost four pounds. How long do you think it should take me to gain this back when I start eating normally again? Thanks for any advice, and sorry for any typos. I'm typing this from a tablet.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2014
    It was mostly water weight. Once you start eating and drinking the weight will come back. Just keep eating in a deficit and you will lose :)
  • SosaMinosa
    SosaMinosa Posts: 41 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    It was mostly water weight

I suspected it was water weight, as my measurements are pretty much the same. Thanks :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    inkteen wrote: »

I suspected it was water weight, as my measurements are pretty much the same. Thanks :)

I hate to be bearer of bad news :(
  • SosaMinosa
    SosaMinosa Posts: 41 Member
    inkteen wrote: »

I hate to be bearer of bad news :(

Lol. I'm actually happy to hear it. Any fat that I lose I want to lose it the right way, not by barely eating. I want to gain it back so that I can continue with my routine of safe weight loss. Now that I know it's probably just mostly water weight I don't feel so bad :)