Muscles in arms but stomach still very flabby and big

Options
I am working out quite hard for the past 8-9 weeks. I am counting calories but I am eating what I want, but mostly homemade food. I am your typical skinny fat girl. Doing a combination of cardio and lot of bodyweight strength training. (read t25 and PiYo).

I am noticing my triceps are strong and biceps are peeking out. My legs are stronger and tighter too But my stomach has not changed at all. Its still flabby, may be slightly smaller(barely, not even half an inch) but all jiggly and comes out like a tyre while i sit.

Does this have something to do with my diet? Or Its just how my body is built?

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Your bf% is still high then. Keep cutting fat. :)
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    ohh yes and scale havent moved much this past few weeks.. but I am noticing changes, so i guess I am happy..
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Genetic - my tummy and bum will always be a big jiggly unless I am at a VERY low BF% - it's where it gets held.
  • kgangl1028
    Options
    Great that you're seeing progress!! I have the same problem....I notice muscle definition in arms and legs but the stomach area is slow to change. Going to really focus on body fat composition and diet and exercise (including weight training) to start to convert from flab to tone...(hopefully). I naturally gain weight their first so would expect it to be the last place to show results.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Sola24, you are making good progress, and I am so glad you are doing this pre menopause.

I realised I needed to lose some weight and reshape my body half way through. The weight loss, 30, wasn't too bad but the belly ( I have no bum) .... Ooh I am constantly working on that.

A fun thing I did early on was a belly dancing class. I was really bad at it, but really enjoyed it. Anyway, what the class did was make me very aware of my tummy muscles, and improve my, already not bad, posture.
    (I now try to have it as one of my weekly routines.)

My tummy didn't go away completely, but I am much more aware of making sure I engage my my tummy muscles when I am exercising, and better posture has made it look better than what it actually is.

This year I couldn't find a belly dancing class so I am doing Zumba, it too has lots of moves that makes one belly aware.

Maybe including something like this as part of your cardio will help tame the monster ( mine is a B monster so double belly roll)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Cut fat.
    Win.