lost weight .. now got a wrinkled belly

Options
hi all, I am very happy now that I got my act together and am close to being the weight I want to be.. but now my belly is a vertical line of wrinkles.. how do I get rid of them? Its not pleasant :)

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Unfortunately a lot of us have a tummy that has wrinkles or sags. There isn't much you can do as it is the excess skin from when it was bigger.
    Over time your skin may shrink back a bit, no guarantees though as it largely genetic.
    What you could do to help it is to include a little strength training in your routine if you aren't already. It won't get rid of the wrinkles but your tummy will be firmer.

My tummy has wrinkles and sags too, I don't care, I am fitter, healthier, and wear a bikini after 40 years of avoiding them like the plague!

Be proud of your achievements,
    Cheers, h.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Surgery or dreaming are pretty much your only options. You might get lucky with some time but it's not very likely at age 45.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Give it a year. If it hasn't retracted back by then, then choices are to accept it or opt for surgery. Unfortunately skin doesn't reduce back like fat cells do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png