Do you have a reward or motivation weight loss list?

Options
So yesterday I felt like giving up but after contemplating and getting so much guidance from you fellow MFPs, I decided to keep going and that’s when I came up with this list, a list of things I want to be able to do once I reach my mini goal weights as a reward and also this is my motivation to keep going.

1. 230lbs-Wear the brown dress I recently bought
2. 220lbs-Wear the Grey and Blue Dresses I also recently bought
3. 210lbs-No more wearing the 2x girdles
4. 205lbs- Buy Bicycle (if I can afford it, skates in place of that if I can’t)
5. 200lbs- Progress Dress (14/16)
6. 198lbs-One Piece Bathing Suit
7. 194lbs- Start doing yoga
8. 190lbs- Red hair
9. 188lbs- Cut my hair off and get the Halle Berry Cut
10. 180lbs- No more girdles period (I hate wearing girdles)
11. 175lbs- Start spinning classes
12. 170lbs- Buy and wear a half shirt
13. 165lbs-Start Pole Dancing Classes
14. 160lbs- Two Piece Bathing Suit
15. 155lbs- Try out for plus size modeling
16. 150lbs-Buy and wear wrap dress
17. And if I make it under 150lbs-Go anywhere out of the country

What’s yours whether short or long? And sorry for my long list but I have a long journey ahead.

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    When I get into onederland I plan to color my hair. (Though I might decide to put it off until later in January because I have a court appearance & don't want to look strange.)
    As needed, I get new clothes. (Bras especially are impossible to take in.)
    When I hit 100 lb down, if I can afford it I'll get a massage.
    When I get to my initial goal weight (which will be 110 down) I'll get a couple nice sets of bra/underwear.

Other than those, I don't really have anything planned.
    I've gotten little things along the way - cute socks, new (better) earbuds.

51637601.png
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    1.125 lbs- wine
    2.115 lbs wine
    3.110 lbs and more wine! :#

• city_southernbelle
    Options
    1.125 lbs- wine
    2.115 lbs wine
    3.110 lbs and more wine! :#

lol that's a lot of wine! But if I still drank alcohol too that would of course be at the top of my list! That was how I knew I could do this because I gave up the drink...which was not easy at first might I add.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Not really. I do plan to get a tattoo when all is said and done.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I don't have a list of rewards for my weight loss. However, new clothing is something I always look forward to.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Girdles? They sound uncomfortable. :(

I don't have a list either, but I think it's a great idea. I'm just looking forward to some new clothes that fit properly.
  • city_southernbelle
    city_southernbelle Posts: 57
    edited December 2014
    Options
    blueakama wrote: »
    Girdles? They sound uncomfortable. :(

I don't have a list either, but I think it's a great idea. I'm just looking forward to some new clothes that fit properly.

They're the devil! If it wasn't for the fact that I have a big pouch, i would f it because it feels like its sucking the life out of me every time i put it on lol.
  • ConquerRepeat
    ConquerRepeat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nah that's a bad mentality
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This is really because of vanity and most people would call this silly, but I'm not uploading a selfie until I reach my goal weight. :#
  • city_southernbelle
    Options

What one person sees might be totally different to the next person. Your bad could be somebody's elses good.
    estitom wrote: »
    This is really because of vanity and most people would call this silly, but I'm not uploading a selfie until I reach my goal weight. :#

First off, who said anything about posting selfies?

Second your statement in itself is vain if you think "most" people would call this silly because you are treating your opinion as a fact.

Third I am 22, soon to be 23, no kids, and I have a degree, have been taking care of my friends and family all my life, so i think I have a right to make a list like this especially when its not about what people think but about my happiness and well-being.

Lastly, if you find it vain and silly thats your problem not mine.
  • bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    Options

What one person sees might be totally different to the next person. Your bad could be somebody's elses good.

Second your statement in itself is vain if you think "most" people would call this silly because you are treating your opinion as a fact.

Third I am 22, soon to be 23, no kids, and I have a degree, have been taking care of my friends and family all my life, so i think I have a right to make a list like this especially when its not about what people think but about my happiness and well-being.

it does not mean what you think it means.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I started a list a little late, but in around 50 lbs lost I've only bought two "rewards" - one being a book, and a new shirt for Christmas. Also, if I get to a weight I'm comfortable with, I want an NFL jersey (but would really like to not spend like 200 bucks for something I stop wearing in 15 pounds).
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I think my reward will be more sex lol
  • city_southernbelle
    Options
    sarieth05 wrote: »
    I started a list a little late, but in around 50 lbs lost I've only bought two "rewards" - one being a book, and a new shirt for Christmas. Also, if I get to a weight I'm comfortable with, I want an NFL jersey (but would really like to not spend like 200 bucks for something I stop wearing in 15 pounds).

Yeah I feel you. I rarely buy new clothes unless its really necessary (which buying those dresses were because I needed more church clothes and going out clothes in general) but pretty much anything I do buy right now is $12 or less. No sense in me going overboard when I am no where near my goal weight.
    Noogynoogs wrote: »
    I think my reward will be more sex lol

Lol nothing wrong with that

it does not mean what you think it means.

Please elaborate then.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

Um.

The person you responded to said her motivation was to upload a selfie when she reached her goal.

It had nothing to do with you.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

that's a great goal for goal weight! You'll have lots of fun falling into selfie mode when you emerge like a butterfly! have fun working hard!!!!

(sorry the OP shredded ya! There is nothing wrong with what you said!)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    1. Funky Monkey - PRIDE
    2. The Pole Dancer - PRIDE
    3. Balls to the Wall - PRIDE
    4. Hangin Tough - DISBELIEF
    5. Unassisted Berlin Walls - DISBELIEF
    6. Spartan Tri-Fecta - PRIDE and battlescars
    7. 10th Tough Mudder Black Headband - Tough Mudder in another country
    8. World's Toughest Mudder - one helluva party
    9. Unassisted PullUp - Jumping up and down screaming all over the gym
    10. Deadlift 1.5xBodyweight - Jumping up and down screaming all over the gym
    11. Squat above my bodyweight - Jumping up and down screaming all over the gym
    12. Bench my bodyweight - Jumping up and down screaming all over the gym
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My goal is to wear a size 4 jeans someday.... I'm in an 8 now... Have never been this small. but I'm real close to a 6 now depending on the cut. Tops are still at least a large because of the "girls" though... LOL don't want to lose them!
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    1. Funky Monkey - PRIDE
    2. The Pole Dancer - PRIDE
    3. Balls to the Wall - PRIDE
    4. Hangin Tough - DISBELIEF
    5. Unassisted Berlin Walls - DISBELIEF
    6. Spartan Tri-Fecta - PRIDE and battlescars
    7. 10th Tough Mudder Black Headband - Tough Mudder in another country
    8. World's Toughest Mudder - one helluva party
    9. Unassisted PullUp - Jumping up and down screaming all over the gym
    10. Deadlift 1.5xBodyweight - Jumping up and down screaming all over the gym
    11. Squat above my bodyweight - Jumping up and down screaming all over the gym
    12. Bench my bodyweight - Jumping up and down screaming all over the gym

Love this! My main motivation throughout this process has been the "holy s*it, I DID IT" feeling. It's the best.
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hm... well I have no jewelry to speak of . . . . ;)
    If I do well in January, nice earrings in Hawaii is my reward (capping the price, though).

I need to get a swim suit, too... :open_mouth: ~ though I bet I don't have time to swim (going for work :smiley:)