Insanity before and after photos

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm kinda new to the site, but let me just say that the inspiration and motivation found on the forums is awesome! Keep up the good job :)

Even though I can't boast a great weight loss, I am still happy with my progress and motivated to continue!

I am 27, 5'8" and weighed approx. 128 lbs before starting Insanity and calorie counting. I finished the program earlier this week and have lost 4 lbs, gained muscle definition and lost 2 cm (waist and butt) and 1 cm (thighs). I don't have a goal weight, I just judge by what I see in the mirror! My ultimate goal is to have a 4 or a 6 pack :smiley:

I completed the whole Insanity program and only missed 2 work outs (probably hungover). I calculated my TDEE to be around 2000 kcal (I work in retail, so I am on my feet during work), and set my daily calorie intake at 1800. I am a massive foodie so it has been hard to stay under the limit... I few glasses of wine and I'm over! I'll open up my diary so you can all see how I've failed quite frequently, haha! But despite indulging in a bit too much alcohol and treats, I have still seen a nice improvement in my figure. The photos aren't great quality, but I can now see my abs, my shoulders and chest is leaner and my butt has lifted!

I'm doing the Insanity work outs every second day for the next week or so while I set up my spare room for weight lifting. I have bought NROL4W and am super excited to start some heavy lifting! I have always loved aerobics (which is why Insanity appealed to me, and I loved it), and will probably do one Insanity video per week in addition to the weights (which I think is 3x week).

Anyways, I just wanted to say that it's definitely possible to lose weight and get muscle definition on 1800+/day even when you don't have much weight to lose. I really struggle to understand how people can live on 1400 cal/day... I mean, what about when you go out for drinks? There is literally no room for mistakes/having a good time.

Before:

k1ov49.png

After:

2ex3bs5.jpg

x
Eva

Replies

• ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Wow your results look great! Keep it up :)
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Bravo, great work there! you did change a lot. I can see changes in my body from lifting 3x/week and it s only been 6 weeks. Thanks for sharing
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    At 5'8" and 128 you are already at a healthy weight, and definitely do not need to lose anymore, but you look great and I can definitely see more muscle definition. I wouldn't change calories if I were you either (unless you're looking to gain muscle mass). Myself, I eat 1200-1300 per day but I don't drink, so that's how I can stay under. :)
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep getting stronger! :)
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow.. you look fantastic!! Nice work!! :)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Omg your body is AMAZING. Holy crap.
  • retrolina
    retrolina Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :) I realise I am at a healthy weight, so just looking at increasing muscle/decreasing fat. But I am not in a hurry. I need to go at a pace suitable with my life so that I won't reverse it once winter comes or I get lazy again, haha :) I may up my calories once I start lifting. It'll be the first time for me with (serious) lifting, so we'll see how it goes.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    looking great !
  • tami1924
    Options
    You look fabulous!! I'd like to have your body. You are slim and strong...that's what i want for me. Keep up with the good work! :smiley:
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look amazing
  • hollyyy92
    Options
    <3:o amazing
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You are in phenomenal shape!! Well done.
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    retrolina wrote: »
    Anyways, I just wanted to say that it's definitely possible to lose weight and get muscle definition on 1800+/day even when you don't have much weight to lose. I really struggle to understand how people can live on 1400 cal/day... I mean, what about when you go out for drinks? There is literally no room for mistakes/having a good time.

That is a bit of a flippant comment. I am 5'3" and my TDEE is 1900/day - which means 1400 for deficit is absolutely fine for me. I do make mistakes and I do have a good time - maybe I just drink less than you do. I did Insanity last year and was really happy with the results, glad it worked out for you too. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!