how many days of past is stored in food diary ?

I am wondering about the limit to the number of days that we can have in the food diary. I have made lot of notes about my health in each day, and i am afraid i will lose them all at some point. Exactly how many days / months / years, do we have, before myfitnesspal starts throwing out older food diary entries without informing me (i am assuming that is what it will do).

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    I don't think they omit any of our past food entries.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    edited December 2014
    smiley-computer004.gifI just checked and my food diary goes all the way back to February 2009 when I first started logging my food
  • Yawnetu
    Yawnetu Posts: 53 Member
    Not sure, but I'd swear some of my older food choices have disappeared.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Disk space is very cheap these days, and diary entries don't take much. My diary goes back to when I started, nearly two years ago.

But I do a monthly report and save a PDF copy of that every month, in case the site crashes or gets shut down. MFP makes money (presumably) from selling ads, and if the revenue stream dries up, they might shut it down.
  • buddhaseeking
    buddhaseeking Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks barbiecat and bwogilvie. 2009 is early, and i guess it was the early days of MFP. It is unlikely that this site will get shutdown, because it is one of the top sites in this category, but it is a good idea to backup into local computer. I did not know that option existed, since i am new member. When you save as PDF, does it save the "notes" at bottom of food (and exercise) diary ? I am making detailed entries, that might be useful one day if i run into any medical conditions (and need to look at what i ate or did, to create that condition).
  • buddhaseeking
    buddhaseeking Posts: 15 Member
    BTW, in answer to another post in this thread...... The food entries have limited space, if you try to save it all under "All meals" category. But, we get 4 pages worth (each), for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner etc. So, you can see more than 4 pages worth of food, if you look under each of these categories. I had the same issue when i started, because i was logging everything i ate, and the variety takes more than 4 pages. So, i started using the tabs like "My meals" that you find at top of food diary. That helped a bit, but is a pain to keep track of things that way.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Thanks barbiecat and bwogilvie. 2009 is early, and i guess it was the early days of MFP. It is unlikely that this site will get shutdown, because it is one of the top sites in this category, but it is a good idea to backup into local computer. I did not know that option existed, since i am new member. When you save as PDF, does it save the "notes" at bottom of food (and exercise) diary ? I am making detailed entries, that might be useful one day if i run into any medical conditions (and need to look at what i ate or did, to create that condition).

​How to save a day, month, or any other time period of your Food Diary to a document?
    On the MFP Web version, click on Food.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on View Full Report (Printable).
    Choose the From and To dates you desire, check or uncheck which sections to show, then click change report.
    Use your web browser's Save or Save As function to save the file.
    Note: you can save as an Adobe PDF only if you already have an Adobe plug-in installed in your browser.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    CyberTone wrote: »
    Note: you can save as an Adobe PDF only if you already have an Adobe plug-in installed in your browser.

True if you use a PC. If you use a Macintosh, you can save as PDF from the print dialogue.