I began my love affair...

kittenful
kittenful Posts: 318 Member
...with beautiful dresses when I hit my goal weight. I'd never been all that interested in them before, but I am absolutely obsessed now! I love getting all dolled up and need little excuse to do so.

I want to know: Is there something that you've discovered about yourself in your journey to be fit?

Replies

• EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited December 2014
    In terms of clothes, I've always had a thing for embroided western shirts - in NY there's very little opportunity to wear them (unless you enjoy getting strange looks) but since I gig occasionally I wear them every chance I get - there's something about playing bass/guitar on stage that makes wearing one seem "right", and it doesn't matter what musical genre it is.

Besides clothing, I've discovered that I really enjoy acting in plays - community theater always found me in the orchestra pit, and being a musician made for an easy excuse when the real reason was I felt uncomfortable being on stage.
  • kittenful
    The embroidered western shirt paired with a bass/guitar has that rockabilly flair - it just works!

I've found that my confidence has skyrocketed, not just because I've lost weight, but because I have so much more energy and a zest for life's experiences that I had given up on when I was depressed. Fitness is its own reward.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    I'm embracing my love affair with dresses and skirts more now. Modcloth.com and I are definitely in a relationship.

Partially it's because pants are only fitting for a month or two at a time so dresses and skirts are actually much more cost effective. Really.

That's what I'm telling myself.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    I'm starting a love affair with the muscle definition I'm finally seeing in my arms LOL.

I'm going to be the tard walking down the street, flexing while pointing at stuff xD
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    kittenful wrote: »
    ...with beautiful dresses when I hit my goal weight. I'd never been all that interested in them before, but I am absolutely obsessed now! I love getting all dolled up and need little excuse to do so.

^^^ is my dream. I have never worn stilettos or had a little black dress either!! :'(
  • mehwhatever
    mehwhatever Posts: 569 Member
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    I'm starting a love affair with the muscle definition I'm finally seeing in my arms LOL.

I'm going to be the tard walking down the street, flexing while pointing at stuff xD

tumblr_mhawc4jGfA1rxsftpo1_500.pngMe.
  • kittenful
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    Modcloth.com and I are definitely in a relationship.
    Modcloth! That is my addiction! ^_^
    Sinistrous wrote: »

Ahhh, that muscle definition. I don't flex as much as I did when I first noticed it, but then again, I may have shown everybody my awesome biceps at this point. Who am I kidding? I still flex every chance I get.

^^^ is my dream. I have never worn stilettos or had a little black dress either!! :'(
    I did that for Christmas! Get it. It's fun!

• kittenful wrote: »

Start with a lower heel and work your way up. Once you get used to heels (some of it depends on the shoe), there's nothing finer than gliding through a room in a tight skirt and heels.

I always loved style, but found my desire to find, buy & wear beautiful clothes to be insatiable right now.
  • kittenful

Start with a lower heel and work your way up. Once you get used to heels (some of it depends on the shoe), there's nothing finer than gliding through a room in a tight skirt and heels.

I always loved style, but found my desire to find, buy & wear beautiful clothes to be insatiable right now.

Investing in wedges with low, mid and high heel sizes can help, too. One can get used to the height with a little more support.

I know that insatiability well, now. Gettin' fancy!
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member

I want to know: Is there something that you've discovered about yourself in your journey to be fit?

^^ Life goals.

I haven't noticed an awful lot yet, I don't seem to be quite getting out of the starting blocks - but I do notice my back is less prone to 'going out' when I'm under a certain weight (210). I'm a little over that atm thanks to winter and I really notice twinges so I need to be careful. It's a wonderful indicator of getting stronger, I'm going to use that as my motivation... because you can't walk in stilettos if you're already sore in the spine *LOL*.

Congrats on reaching your goal weight and flouncing around in pretty dresses! I hope to join you soon! :smiley: :awesome: *attempts to flounce* *falls over*
  • kittenful

^^ Life goals.

I haven't noticed an awful lot yet, I don't seem to be quite getting out of the starting blocks - but I do notice my back is less prone to 'going out' when I'm under a certain weight (210). I'm a little over that atm thanks to winter and I really notice twinges so I need to be careful. It's a wonderful indicator of getting stronger, I'm going to use that as my motivation... because you can't walk in stilettos if you're already sore in the spine *LOL*.

Congrats on reaching your goal weight and flouncing around in pretty dresses! I hope to join you soon! :smiley: :awesome: *attempts to flounce* *falls over*
    Thanks! This is all a series of processes, you'll get there, too! Baby steps, right? (Or perhaps more like the dainty little ones we have to use with stilettos, hahaha!)