Introducing Myself

Options
Good morning all, I am new to mfp and fitbit one ~ working out all the kinks. My eating has been out of control for a couple days. Each day I think about the exercise that I'll do the NEXT day, and that doesn't happen. Looking for a little motivation. Cheryl

Replies

• zfz4734
    Options
    Hi Cheryl. I am new also to MFP. I love the holidays but my body does not. I have not stop eating since Thanksgiving. Maybe we can motive each other. I am loooking to loose weight in the new year and I thought I would just start a little at the end of this year to get my feet wet. And at the begining of new year my will jump in with booth feet. :smile: )
  • zfz4734
    Options
    Hello, I am new to MFP. I love the holidays but my body does not. I have not stop eating since Thanksgiving. Maybe we can motive each other. I am loooking to loose weight in the new year and I thought I would just start a little at the end of this year to get my feet wet. And at the begining of new year I will jump in with booth feet.
  • browneyedgurl55
    Options
    Let's do it! But we don't need to wait. This is the best time to start so that we don't pork out for the next two weeks. Eat whatever you want, cut back on the bad stuff, and try smaller portions. I think you should log all of your food, even the bad stuff, to show yourself where you are at AND to motivate yourself to "move". Move more = eat more, in my book. Do you walk or would you like to begin walking? I can walk with you - you where you live, and me - where I live. Thanks for checking in - I look forward to working with you and motivating each other. Cheryl -
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I got started at the beginning of November with the idea that if I was behaving myself most of the time the holidays would do less damage. :) I found a super-easy workout to do and logging my food made me a whole lot more aware of just how much I was eating. At first the idea of sticking to a calorie limit was intimidating, but I've found that it gets easier as my stomach gets used to not eating everything in sight. So far I've managed to lose a little every week. Heck, I weigh less now than I did last January lol.