unilateral oophorectomy

Options
When oophorectomy involves removing both ovaries, it's called bilateral oophorectomy. When the surgery involves removing only one ovary, it's called unilateral oophorectomy

So, Now that i have cleared that up... Has anyone had this done?
I had my right ovary removed on Dec 12th.
I am slowly back to a slow jog as of today.. and still am not able to do much in the form of Yoga or Pilates
You wouldnt believe how many stomach muscles are involved in Yoga and Pilates!

My left side is giving me all the pain.. go figure!
I am so happy i lost 15 Lbs before the surgery , as this healing process is taking longer then i anticipated.

Thoughts and Advise?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    After my stomach surgery (different procedure), I asked starting at six weeks when I could go back to core exercises? It took forever. At least it felt like it. It took months.

Only take the advice of your health professional when to restart.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I had a laparoscopic total hysterectomy (ovaries in left intact because I'm only 35)in 2013, I was given the go ahead after 8 weeks, but I had some complications. If you are having pain or complications, I would take it easy and see your physician. Good luck!
  • harrlea8
    harrlea8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!... I will talk to my dr for sure!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I had the bilateral about six years ago. Couldn't do anything much for about six weeks. Did get on my new horse for a plod around a school, but I wouldn't recommend it! Mine was keyhole.