In your honest opinion, what age is too old to never have been in a relationship?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options

I agree! It does get lonely but I'd rather be alone than with someone who makes me feel like I'm alone.. If that makes any sense.

Been there and through that. T'was not a pretty sight.
  • _tigerblood_
    _tigerblood_ Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone. I say better to not be in a relationship you're not ready for than to be in many relationships that are doomed from the start.
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    I think 26 for women and 32 for men
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,042 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and never been in a serious relationship.... but that's mainly because I act like a 14 year old and had pretty severe social anxiety from my early teens to recently...
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The supermarket appears to be the new place to meet people! When I was 23 I'd had two boyfriends and to be honest, I now see it as time I wasted on people I knew weren't right. Hat off to you for not just being with someone for the sake of it.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    gemmamummy wrote: »
    The supermarket appears to be the new place to meet people! When I was 23 I'd had two boyfriends and to be honest, I now see it as time I wasted on people I knew weren't right. Hat off to you for not just being with someone for the sake of it.

Haha, people always say that about the supermarket, but the only people I meet there are nice old ladies who want to have a conversation about the ripeness of fruit!
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It depends on the gender,
    for women it gets late sooner than for men.
    It also depends on the physical features like: beauty, health, fitness,
    Needless to say, wealth always plays an important role in relationships no matter which age you are in. I saw relationships that broke because of money while everything else was fine and relationships that goes on well because of money when there were not even intimacies between the two.
    Also we should take into account the social and cultural factors as well, at some parts of the worlds it looks absurd for someone to date at the age of 50 while in other parts it's just so normal.

• gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Haha, people always say that about the supermarket, but the only people I meet there are nice old ladies who want to have a conversation about the ripeness of fruit!

Change supermarkets, go to a big chain one. I had some random guy come up to me the other day in the supermarket and say I had a nice body.....bit creepy as I had my son with me. But still, I seem to get chatted up more in the shops than in the pubs/bars!
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    It's each to their own I say
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    needernt wrote: »
    It depends on the gender,
    for women it gets late sooner than for men.
    It also depends on the physical features like: beauty, health, fitness,

I can't be the only one scratching their head at this response
  • laurasuzie3
    laurasuzie3 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Too many people rush into relationships out of desperation.

I'm 20 and I've never been in a relationship and I think I'm a quite attractive, intelligent woman with a great personality. Not being in a relationship doesn't mean you are pathetic or unworthy, it just means you haven't found anyone good enough for you yet.
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    No age limit! I'm 32 and still have never had an actual relationship.. And i'm totally happy with that! (Some have tried.. But it just hasn't felt right.) My prince will come along when we're both ready, i'm sure ;)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    It's totally different for everyone but I wouldn't find it unusual until the person was at least 30+. And by unusual, I just mean "of note"...like, I'd wonder why they hadn't, if it was a conscious decision or due to shyness, or whatever. But I still wouldn't think "wow what a loser" even if the person was 75 yrs old.

My husband was 31 when we met and had only had a few relationships, none serious. Meanwhile I had been married and had several long term relationships before that. It doesn't really make a difference.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options

Change supermarkets, go to a big chain one. I had some random guy come up to me the other day in the supermarket and say I had a nice body.....bit creepy as I had my son with me. But still, I seem to get chatted up more in the shops than in the pubs/bars!

Because people get to know you a bit better based on what you purchase. ;)