anyone else taking SST

Options
it's been forever since I was on here. I'm a 31yr ol' female trying to up my calories to lose weight. I've been working working working my job is a heavy manual labor job most days I dig 5ft deep trenches, carry around 60-80 lb tools, climbing (fences, trees, on an off the truck in and out of the truck) some walking but mostly jogging to get work done quickly so you could say that from sun up to sun down I'm getting a full body workout. I have a tendency to not eat enough weather its from no time or from being to exhausted at the end of the day to really put any food down my throat either way it just doesn't happen and most days im eating fast food. horrible yes I know lol. but I literary don't have the energy to do anything but sleep once I get home. anyways I decided to get back on mfp to track my food so I can hopefully up my food intake and be more aware of not eating also this may sound very stupid lol but I started sst which has been awesome in giving me energy to cook food when I get home and actually eat like a mad man lol yay! now I just have to wait and see if upping my food intake will help with my fatigue and weight loss. just to be clear folks I work from before sun up to after sun down my days last a min 12hours and typically around 16 hours. it's hard work and fast paced. it's not as if I'm not active and popping high energy pills expecting magical things to happen. these have so far helped me to have the energy to cook and eat rather than saying screw it im to tired to eat.

so anyways if anyone else has tried these performix sst pills I'd love to hear if they worked for you or not. I tried hydroxycut black sx7 o. but I didn't like them they made me feel depressed lol which I thought was really strange but oh well I was able to take them back and exchange them

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I'm a 31yr ol' female trying to up my calories to lose weight.

eiwpa9.png
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    You want to take a weight loss pill, to give you energy to cook so you can eat more calories, so you can lose weight? I can kind of see where you're going, but I'm thinking it might be counterproductive.

What do your coworkers eat?
  • tomatoey
    Options
    I guess fast food? I'd just keep doing that, but choose different things, maybe.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You don't need to lose weight.
  • cowgirlqueen
    cowgirlqueen Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    my co worker is my husband ..and a few other ground hands. yes I can see how this sounds ridiculous but if you were doing the work I do you'd understand lol matter of fact 23year ol healthy/fit in shape men that we have hired cant keep up with me at work they take breaks constantly and complain.

and thank you myheart but yes I do I'm almost 200 lbs and only 5'7 that's not healthy at all
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Could you hire a cook?
  • cowgirlqueen
    Options
    im trying to up my calories because im lucky to get 500-1000 a day right now. sure I stop at the gas station through out the day and could grab nachos or some kind of overly warmed to rubber hard pizza or biscuit but every time I see "that" food I make a B line for the cooler and just grab a drink instead
  • tomatoey
    Options
    im trying to up my calories because im lucky to get 500-1000 a day right now. sure I stop at the gas station through out the day and could grab nachos or some kind of overly warmed to rubber hard pizza or biscuit but every time I see "that" food I make a B line for the cooler and just grab a drink instead

i was thinking things like chili or chicken burgers + a salad, but if that's what you've got, i hear you
  • AJ_G
    Options
    my co worker is my husband ..and a few other ground hands. yes I can see how this sounds ridiculous but if you were doing the work I do you'd understand lol matter of fact 23year ol healthy/fit in shape men that we have hired cant keep up with me at work they take breaks constantly and complain.

and thank you myheart but yes I do I'm almost 200 lbs and only 5'7 that's not healthy at all

Just to clear this up, increasing calorie intake will not speed up weight loss, it will only slow down weight loss. Not sure where you're getting this notion from that you need to eat more to lose weight...
  • cowgirlqueen
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »

Just to clear this up, increasing calorie intake will not speed up weight loss, it will only slow down weight loss. Not sure where you're getting this notion from that you need to eat more to lose weight...

ok I truly understand what your saying but I don't see how it could possibly be good to continue to eat only 500-1000 calories a day im talking I swing through taco bell and get two bean an cheese burrito but always end up falling asleep before I make it to the second burrito .. I say I need to up my calories because im burning through an insane amount of calories with no food to back it up which brings on the fatigue

have you ever spent 12 hours straight digging a 5ft deep trench that's two hundred feet long (just for a reference that's further than one telephone span to the next) believe me it's a workout

• AJ_G
    Options

ok I truly understand what your saying but I don't see how it could possibly be good to continue to eat only 500-1000 calories a day im talking I swing through taco bell and get two bean an cheese burrito but always end up falling asleep before I make it to the second burrito .. I say I need to up my calories because im burning through an insane amount of calories with no food to back it up which brings on the fatigue

I never said it was good for you to be eating such a low calorie intake, it just frustrates me when people try to say they need to increase their calorie intake to lose more weight. That's just now how it works. As far as what you're eating, yes you absolutely need to increase your calorie intake if your body is starved for energy, especially fast digesting carbohydrates. If you're having trouble consuming enough food, stick to calorie dense foods like whole milk, peanut butter, nuts, fruit juice, soda, cheese, etc. You might even start keeping a jar of peanut butter and a spoon with you, just an idea.
    have you ever spent 12 hours straight digging a 5ft deep trench that's two hundred feet long (just for a reference that's further than one telephone span to the next) believe me it's a workout

No I have never spent 12 hours digging trenches, that sounds awful, I'll pass. In high school I used to burn anywhere from 2500 to 3000 calories a day on top of my BMR training for water polo for 5 hours a day meaning I had to eat about 4500 - 5000 calories a day just to maintain my body weight, so I can relate in regards to energy needs.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I think you should try meal prepping.

Due to your heavy manual labor job, it's even more important that you fuel your body.

In the morning, make oatmeal. It's quick and easy and you can take it on the go if you must. Add flax or chia seeds for a little more oomph. You can even add fruit if you'd like.

For lunch, bring a wrap (turkey, avocado, lettuce, tomato for example) or a protein bar such as Clif Protein. Surely you can find the time to scarf down one of those.

For dinner, make crockpot meals. Throw it together in the morning and let it cook all day. When you get home, it'll be ready and all you have to do is put it on a plate.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    B12 and 200mg of caffeine (probably the only effective things in those pills) so you have energy enough to cook after work is ok I guess.

My guess is something is off though. If you were working as hard as you say and only eating 500-1000 calories the weight would be melting off. 12 hours of hard manual labor would be in the multi thousand calories range. Only eating 1000 cals would lead to around a pound per day of loss.

If this is not happening then you are not burning that much or you are eating way more than you think.

Save your money and just buy caffeine pills or better yet buy some full fat espresso mocha drinks and get caffeine and huge calories.
  • cowgirlqueen
    Options

I never said it was good for you to be eating such a low calorie intake, it just frustrates me when people try to say they need to increase their calorie intake to lose more weight. That's just now how it works. As far as what you're eating, yes you absolutely need to increase your calorie intake if your body is starved for energy, especially fast digesting carbohydrates. If you're having trouble consuming enough food, stick to calorie dense foods like whole milk, peanut butter, nuts, fruit juice, soda, cheese, etc. You might even start keeping a jar of peanut butter and a spoon with you, just an idea.

No I have never spent 12 hours digging trenches, that sounds awful, I'll pass. In high school I used to burn anywhere from 2500 to 3000 calories a day on top of my BMR training for water polo for 5 hours a day meaning I had to eat about 4500 - 5000 calories a day just to maintain my body weight, so I can relate in regards to energy needs.

peanut butter is a good idea I would normally never wish to up my calories but im so sick of being so fatigued it's making my days at work even harder than they already are
    holy crap 4500-5000 calories a day is insane your parents must of had one heck of grocery bill lol

Due to your heavy manual labor job, it's even more important that you fuel your body.

In the morning, make oatmeal. It's quick and easy and you can take it on the go if you must. Add flax or chia seeds for a little more oomph. You can even add fruit if you'd like.

For lunch, bring a wrap (turkey, avocado, lettuce, tomato for example) or a protein bar such as Clif Protein. Surely you can find the time to scarf down one of those.

For dinner, make crockpot meals. Throw it together in the morning and let it cook all day. When you get home, it'll be ready and all you have to do is put it on a plate.

from the constant up and down up and down movements at work and depending on the weather eating while working is sort of a vomit risk *sorry I know gross* but I can only eat light things nothing heavy or to filling which usually leaves me snacking on popcorn
    ..... I bought a crock pot just for this purpose last week :smiley:

B12 and 200mg of caffeine (probably the only effective things in those pills) so you have energy enough to cook after work is ok I guess.

My guess is something is off though. If you were working as hard as you say and only eating 500-1000 calories the weight would be melting off. 12 hours of hard manual labor would be in the multi thousand calories range. Only eating 1000 cals would lead to around a pound per day of loss.

If this is not happening then you are not burning that much or you are eating way more than you think.

Save your money and just buy caffeine pills or better yet buy some full fat espresso mocha drinks and get caffeine and huge calories.

im losing massive amounts of inches everywhere but the weight is going nowhere my arms shoulders legs everywhere is way more toned but no weight drop im shrinking in size but not weight no one believes me when I tell them im 195 lbs they think im 145 lbs but I recently had a dr. appointment for strep throat an bronchitis they weighed me and I could of fainted at the amount I weigh! the nurse thought something was wrong with the scale and weighed herself but no ... her weight was fine
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

peanut butter is a good idea I would normally never wish to up my calories but im so sick of being so fatigued it's making my days at work even harder than they already are
    holy crap 4500-5000 calories a day is insane your parents must of had one heck of grocery bill lol

from the constant up and down up and down movements at work and depending on the weather eating while working is sort of a vomit risk *sorry I know gross* but I can only eat light things nothing heavy or to filling which usually leaves me snacking on popcorn

im losing massive amounts of inches everywhere but the weight is going nowhere my arms shoulders legs everywhere is way more toned but no weight drop im shrinking in size but not weight no one believes me when I tell them im 195 lbs they think im 145 lbs but I recently had a dr. appointment for strep throat an bronchitis they weighed me and I could of fainted at the amount I weigh! the nurse thought something was wrong with the scale and weighed herself but no ... her weight was fine

Well if you are not dropping weight then you are not in a calorie deficit. You are eating what you are burning already.
  • tomatoey
    Options

i think you should have your body fat % tested somewhere. also, if you're doing all that labour, getting sick, and living with extreme fatigue, you really have to eat more.

if eating while on the job makes you sick, maybe you need to take a real break in the middle of the day for fuel. like take an hour to eat real food and digest it. even if it changes the way you work. because you won't be able to work for much longer if you keep this up!