good legs, good booty

Can somebody tell me exercises forma work my legs and booty? Aparte from a squats and dead lift, Im looking fot something new

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Hip thrusters are great for glutes, and you can use a barbell across your hips to add some really significant weight.

Here's some info on it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    ^^ Agreed. Also, glute ham raises, walking lunges (especially weighted walking lunges) front squats and romanian deadlifts.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    run up hills
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    run up hills

Seriously.

I went to a race a few weeks ago and because it was quite cold there were quite a few ladies wearing tights. I couldn't help but (discreetly notice) how many fine looking behinds there were.

Purely anecdotal of course...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    ^^ Agreed. Also, glute ham raises, walking lunges (especially weighted walking lunges) front squats and romanian deadlifts.

Have you notice the girls who like do a leg lift while they do walking lunges? Usually the back leg gets lifted before they take a step forward.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    romanian deadlifts, reverse lunges, split squats….and what everyone else said
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Kneeling squats.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    spin class.. OR get yourself a road bike and ride it like you stole it... 20-50 miles/day run hills... steep hills and ride steep hills
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Have you notice the girls who like do a leg lift while they do walking lunges? Usually the back leg gets lifted before they take a step forward.

There's a girl at my gym that does this on the stair master. She has very shapely legs and a nice booty.
  • yopeeps025
    wolfsbayne wrote: »

There's a girl at my gym that does this on the stair master. She has very shapely legs and a nice booty.

I have always notice that on women with really in shape lower bodies. I guess it helps. They also from what I see train legs and glutes for a while like over a year.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    wolfsbayne wrote: »

I have always notice that on women with really in shape lower bodies. I guess it helps. They also from what I see train legs and glutes for a while like over a year.

Yeah...she also squats some with about 95 lbs. ATG of course.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    I've been doing heavy squats and deadlifts for 8 months and I incorporated weighted lunges, hip thrusts, and split squats into my routine about 5 months ago. My booty is still small - absolutely no noticeable growth/rounding that I can see. And this is with consistent exercise, because this girl doesn't skip workouts. I recently added some donkey kicks, leg lifts, etc. because I had to take some time off of heavy squats and deadlifts due to a lower back injury, but it's way too soon to say if those were effective for me. My butt is the only part of my body that I haven't seen changes from lifting heavy - lucky me.

I suspect it eventually comes down to genetics. It's easier for some people to build their booty than others. None of the women in my family have round, shapely rear ends. It won't stop me from trying, though. I've got a nicely shaped butt and it has gotten firmer since I started lifting, but it's just small.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member

I suspect it eventually comes down to genetics.

Yes, I think you are right and that point gets missed out all too frequently.

You can only work with what you have. That's why trying to mimic someone else's "look" can be an exercise in futility and frustration.

I know a girl many people consider to have a "perfect" legs and bottoms. She does no weights whatsoever but rather circuits of cardio machines and dancing. She also clearly has a favourable genetic fat distribution and is long limbed.

It is what it is...

• dlvuyovich
    dlvuyovich Posts: 102 Member
    NEVER stop working your booty! When in doubt, go with a leg/lower body workout. I have always incorporated squats and deadlifts in my lower body workouts with some additional exercises 'sprinkled' in.

Try hip raisers on the leg extension, thats right, the leg extension. Scoot down so your shoulders/upper back is on the seat, padded bar across your hips. There is a video on youtube if I have confused you.

Full-range donkey kicks are another favorite, using a cable, an ankle strap and both hands with support knee on a bench, facing the cable, you can get a full range of motion.

One more - on the adductor (or abductor? the one where you push out) raise yourself about 2-3 inches above the seat. You'll definitely feel it.

You'll get some strange/inquisitive looks from these but keep at it and the gawkers will start to see why ;)
  • dlvuyovich
    Ooh! one more, sorry. :)

one-legged back extensions, hits the lower-glutes and hamstrings.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Hip thrusters are great for glutes, and you can use a barbell across your hips to add some really significant weight.

Here's some info on it.

^I second this.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Hip thrusts and barbell glute bridges for sure. Add on squat and DL variations as well.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Dammit, this thread is worthless without pictures! :D
  • dlvuyovich
    hill8570 wrote: »
    Dammit, this thread is worthless without pictures! :D

lol ;)
  • yopeeps025
    andTHRUST.gif