Need some fellow ladies for motivation and workout tips

Options
Hey y'all,

I just started my journey. I need to loose around 100 lbs. I just need some support to reach my goals. I am a college student so any tips from anyone would be great. I have no idea where to start!

Replies

• whitneykatie32
    Options
    Hi Barrelracer710,

Congrats on starting your work out journey. I keep getting on and off the bandwagon. I am an emotional eater, and I'm struggling to lose weight (I keep putting on the LBS) during my engagement/holidays. Since I have purchased my wedding dress, I have gained about 20 lbs. I need to reverse this unhealthy "eat when I feel sad" habit and it is very challenging. I need to get my mind on track and stop making excuses for myself. I, too, need all the help and support I can get.

I have a fitbit and keep trying to stay on top of MFP. Do you have any ideas on what you'll be doing to help achieve your goals? I want to lose 40 lbs.
  • IdahoLass
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am in the same boat-especially with the emotional eating! I am a college student as well. Feel free to add me!
  • Veg_Runner94
    Options
    I can be of help.
  • CaseG710
    Options
    Emotional eating is my weakness. Hopefully we can vent to each other and get through not eating while emotional. Feel free to add me!
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm here to help too
  • 12lucky12
    12lucky12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i can help
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,615 Member
    Options
    Since you are a college student, you should have access to a gym, right? Take advantage of it. Take your pick from the cardio machines (or do 10 min on each). Start slow, no need to go full-out from the beginning. Have someone show you around the weights. Machines are ok to start with, but free weights a generally better once you know what you are doing.
  • Rnes
    Rnes Posts: 8
    Options
    Small steps. You can start with small walks around the neighborhood or head to the gym for (15-20 min). I've always charged in and worked out hard and that never worked well. But I've been going slow and have been sticking with it so focus on small steps. Feel free to add me! I can help encourage you and you can help me too. Emotional eating is a big thing for me too, so we can conquer it together! =)
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    If you are living at home or have your own apartment I recommend highly getting a workout machine. Machines are a lot less when you buy them on Craigslist! Most people only used it a couple times and some will even deliver. My regret was not buying a machine years ago! It would have saved me so much time and I would be at my goal already - it really is worth it, especially in the winter time when you don't want to go out in the cold to workout. The elliptical is a good machine to start with, it is a full body workout and easy on the knees. Food scales are great too, instead of guessing you can actually see how much you are eating in a day. Make sure to count oil/pam when you are cooking. 6 seconds of spraying Pam equals about 50 calories even if they legally are allowed put 0 calories on their label. Start slow, record your food everyday, and try to build good habits. Don't expect results right away - remember that you are working out this month to see the results next month. I am going to add you and we can help each other. I have a lot of weight loss experience from the past years and would love to share recipes/advice.
  • ricardezmitzi
    Options
    Hi ☺ I'm mitzy and I am also an emotional eater..and a binge eater I am new to myfitnesspal.