Any tips for weight loss other than exercise and diet?

Options
Hello Pals,

I had read about a few and tried some.

1. Mix honey and lemon in warm water and have it after lunch and/or dinner. I read about this helping in melting fat in your body.
2. Put a slice of lemon in water and drink that water for the entire day.
3. Soak some fenugreek seeds in water and eat them with water early in morning.

I tried 1st one and did notice a little difference in my food digestion making it more easy. 2nd and 3rd didn't work a lot for me.

Do you guys follow any thing else apart from exercise, work-out and diet?

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    nope
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    customizing my macros to fit my needs. MFP sets protein really low.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Lolwut?

1. Limb removal
    2. Liposuction
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    ^^^ all of these
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I hear crack cocaine works wonders.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Get enough sleep and learn patience.
  • ernurse77
    ernurse77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the only thing that works is good old fashioned eating right and working out hard. Believe me, if there was a way to NOT eat good, I would find it!
  • tweetspie
    tweetspie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There's always the tapeworm and cocaine diet
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    This thread will be useful.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Meth!

Seriously, just eat within your allowance, do exercise if you feel like it. It's not complicated.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    There's always the tapeworm and cocaine diet

That's just cruel. Poor coked out tapeworm.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Flesh eating bacteria will probably drop some pounds.

There's also god old fashioned starvation. Just eat toilet paper and lettuce.

I don't mean that. Don't do that. Eat food at a deficit, work out hard, and enjoy the process.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Eat small meals throughout the day, with a protein and complex carbohydrate in each. Try to get 1 gram protein per pound of body weight if you are lifting weights. I also cook from scratch whenever I can - prepared products are massively expensive these days !
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I hear crack cocaine works wonders.

Yes it worked well for me!! :)
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot on here that there's no "magic pill" - I think I'm gonna' go with that
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Gin & Cigarette diet?
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there's anything you can do other than good old fashioned exercise and a calorie deficit to make your body lose weight. But there are things you can do to make it easier to deal with! Eat more protein and fiber to keep you fuller longer, eat more clean, nutrient-rich foods to get the most bang for your calorie buck, and drink lots and lots of water to keep your body hydrated and prevent water retention.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    www.EDITEDOUTSPAMCRAP.com

MMMM, a side of spam. Yummy.
  • kitty_kong
    kitty_kong Posts: 56
    Options
    cocaine
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    OMG, I hear about so many weird diets from my co-workers it's ridiculous - one has been on that GHC diet, which just sounds dangerous to me, another has bought some supposed "all-natural" appetite suppressant (which you know in 6 months will cause problems in people and be recalled), one says it doesn't matter if you eat within your calories unless you cut out all carbs and sugar (even though I eat carbs and sugar and am still losing)...

The problem with these "diets" is that once you stop the diet or taking the supplement or whatever, you'll likely gain the weight back. It has to be a lifestyle change. The best way to lose weight is slowly, then you're ensuring that what you're losing IS fat and not water or muscle. Plus, losing too fast can lead to excess skin which often has to be surgically removed - losing slowly allows the skin to adjust to your new body over time.

So, bottom line - eat less, move more.

One thing though that can help if you're not already doing it is strength training - you might not notice yourself losing more "weight" but you will notice inches coming off and muscle burns more calories than fat and is leaner so you look thinner (I look WAY better now at 241 than I did when I was the same weight but wasn't doing any exercise). Strength training also helps make your bones strong.