Bulking and feeling slugish....

Options
My current macro split is 85 F / 150 P / 425 C

Anyone else experience feeling slugish and sloppy throughout the day when increasing your carbs? Doesn't matter whether my carbs are refined or complex I feel the same way.

Sleep hasn't changed, workout program hasn't changed, etc.....

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Drop your carbs and up your fats.

I have a very similar response to higher carb intake and have found my "Sweet Spot" to fall somewhere around 300-350g/day.

Keep my fats upwards of 100-150g/day and the balance is excellent.

The carbs keep me sustained during training and provide a nice pump, but don't make me lethargic for the remainder of the day.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Carb intake for a bulk should be near 50%.
  • tannatannabobanna
    tannatannabobanna Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Carbs are a little high, up the fats and protein. The level of carb intake *kitten* up my blood sugar, i wonder if the same is happening for you. Bulking should feel good, its just a *kitten* macro game.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Drop your carbs and up your fats.

I have a very similar response to higher carb intake and have found my "Sweet Spot" to fall somewhere around 300-350g/day.

Keep my fats upwards of 100-150g/day and the balance is excellent.

The carbs keep me sustained during training and provide a nice pump, but don't make me lethargic for the remainder of the day.

Thanks for the recommendation!!!! I'm going to try it for a couple weeks and see how I feel. I don't want to adjust my protein as I feel 150g is still more than enough for muscle gain.