Staying in control over Christmas..

Hi guys,

how are you planning on not falling off the waggon over Christmas?

So difficult to stay focused with all the nice food and drink around...

Replies

• stevew_68
    stevew_68 Posts: 126 Member
    Ive been wondering that myself. I wonder how many people have the Christmas black hole binge' The the new years one, thinking that they have a full year to get rid of it.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    I'm going to fill up on salads and vegetables, and not drink alcohol.
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Allow myself enough treats I don't feel deprived, but scale it back. And if I indulge a time or two, not worry about it. Personally, I tend to be better off if I don't try to maintain perfect control at all times. The more I feel like I CAN eat anything I want, the less need I feel to binge on it.

Dr. Yoni Freedhoff over at the Weighty Matters blog has two great questions: 1) Is it worth it? and 2) How much do I need to be happily satisfied? His recommendation is pretty much not to rule anything out, but to be mindful about it all. We eat for more than sustenance reasons -- we eat to celebrate, for example. And that's OK.

Plus, it's not the one day you have Christmas dinner that's going to be make or break. It's your overall habits.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Cheat day, dude. I'm not planning to log at all and enjoy ALL the food.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    I'm doing my best to control myself and stay at my targets leading up to the holidays. On Christmas day I'll eat more-or-less how I want, basically just eating whatever I want but only until I'm full, not stuffed. And I'll make sure I get plenty of exercise on Christmas day and all the days around it.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    I'm going to eat & drink what I want, will probably log over 4000 calories for the day, and not worry about it, because I put in the work the rest of the year, one day isn't going to make a difference
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    My plan is to 'fall off the wagon', I'll still log, but I'm going to be in the red for the day, and I'm Ok with that on Xmas day. Fighting temptation is just not happening, I want to enjoy the day fully, and for me that includes stuffing my face.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    I am going to eat any and everything I want, log it or dont. Its just one day.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    I fell off the wagon a few weeks ago. No shame. I'll get back to it on Friday. I've quite enjoyed my time with family and friends and not feeling like I have to moderate myself excessively. I've put back on a little bit of what I lost. Though to be fair, part of my recent weight loss stemmed from being ill and hospitalized a few days last month. I knew I would put some of that back on as I wasn't eating anywhere near normal (GI problems).
  • ChristianRW
    ChristianRW Posts: 10 Member
    on Christmas not gonna log, it'll be to sad, soooooo bloody red :smile:
    Then the day after back to logging normal again, and not taking to much sweets etc in the holiday to come.
    Also gonna do a buttload of cardio christmas morning, though i won't balance it out by far, but still, i'll have made an effort :)
  • MrsGTred
    MrsGTred Posts: 16 Member
    I'm glad everybody is pretty much saying they will enjoy Christmas and all the food that will come with it.

That was my plan too: eat everything but in moderation. Don't deprive myself of anything. I will need to log though. Even if I go badly into the red - it will keep me conscious of what I am eating, otherwise I am likely to spiral completely out of control.

And I am worried that one day completely out of control will lead to another day and another and another...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I plan on using my extra food intake as fuel for lifting the next day. Maybe it doesn't really work that way, but it does make me feel beastly in the gym and it definitely GETS me there.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    I'm planning ahead by cooking plenty of stuff I like to eat, and having a good idea what I'm going to eat from day to day. I'll have a little of some stuff, but I'm not eating other stuff. Mostly because I don't want the gross feeling I get after I eat crap. Don't need that anymore. I find pre-planning helps a lot.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    I plan on enjoying what there is...in moderation...only eat the things I really want. my mom has been watching it too so she cut some things out of the usual menu. I will log it because I am reporting to my dietician, but it will be difficult not being able to weigh and measure stuff.

I've been good leading up to this and I've been losing when the average American gains so maintaining won't be too bad.

Happy Holidays!
  • rickyberkey
    rickyberkey Posts: 34 Member
    I may go over at the Holiday family gathering but will log everything I put in my mouth as accurately as I can. I'm doing too good to just purposely go crazy.

62655620.png
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    ^^hey, are your tickers back?
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    I failed miserably... :(
  • splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    I will eat everything I want, and I keep training
  • MrsGTred
    MrsGTred Posts: 16 Member
    How has everyone been getting on? ❇
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    MrsGTred wrote: »
    How has everyone been getting on? ❇

Very well, thanks for asking! :smile:

Had a lovely Christmas. Didn't track. Didn't binge. Just relaxed and enjoyed. I'm a big believer that they're "treats" not "cheats."