Jawbone Up, ergh

Options
I bought my Jawbone up in August and had nothing but problems with it for 3 months. Spoke with tech support numerous times and they kept telling me I was doing something wrong, or the app was being upgraded, or the software was being worked on. Finally, I took it off and forgot about it.

This weekend I thought maybe I would just use it to track steps so I charged it and used it all today. This evening it started vibrating at me. First every half hour, then every 15 minutes, then it was constant. Finally, after trying a couple of things the app suggested, I called tech support YET again.

This time, after a couple of diagnostic steps and looking at the history of my calls, the tech said they would send me a new one. Finally. Someone took responsibility for their product.

So next week, I'll see if things are better.

I hate when people assume you don't know what you are doing when something doesn't work. Just sayin'

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Get your money back. Don't waste your time and money on something you are not satisfied with.
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have never had problems with mine, so it was probably faulty. It's nice that they replaced the damaged one.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I got the new Jawbone and guess what! It didn't work. :( So I called tech support AGAIN. This time I said I'm not repeating the 2 month process of the last experience and after some diagnosis, they decided to replace the replacement. So last week I got my third one and it finally seems to be working.

I still log my workouts on my HRM because the wrist tracker is almost as optimistic as MFP about how many calories I burn during a workout, but I like that it reminds me to move every hour.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I lost my Jawbone at the gym yesterday. :# I don't know what I did with it. I left my biz card at the desk, but now I'm just going to wait until they release the Apple watch.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I used the Jawbone up. I liked the app, but the device just randomly died. There are a lit if know issues with the Up. I now have a fitbit charge HR. I love it. It seems to integrate really well with MFP. I especially love the heart rate monitor. Money well spent.