Weight Watchers Frozen Meals

Options
2»

Replies

• slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use frozen meals like Healthy Choice or some Trader Joe frozen meals occasionally -- when I'm in a hurry or haven't planned well. They're ok but, as previous people have mentioned, not a lot of food and high in sodium. I tend to stay away from processed foods but they're handy occasionally.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I tried to get them for convenience, but honestly, the biggest difference between them and other brands is....serving size. It's still the same ratio of stuff, so it's pretty calorically dense. I'd have to eat 2 not to be hungry because of volume. So they're a fail for me.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    And there is NOTHING wrong with sodium unless you have diagnosed high blood pressure or a disease that causes edema. Then if you have high BP, only a small minority of people have BP responsive to sodium--which is pretty freaking easy to test if you have a few days.
  • 1crazycatslady
    1crazycatslady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are many acknowledged reasons why a diet high in sodium is unhealthy even for people without health issues. I eat frozen meals 1-3 times a week, I choose low sodium and organic. Most of the major brands are high in sodium, not enough to feed a child, and taste like a drink of water. Do a search for quick alternatives to frozen/processed meals, now that it's summer where I am salad with a protein tossed in is my fav.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    It's troubling that so many people avoid cooking. Honestly, the best thing I have ever done for my health was to get over my aversion to the kitchen and learn to make a few basic meals, batch cook once every few weeks and keep a freezer full of single serve meals. It actually doesn't take that much time. I get so much more food, both for my money and for my calories, by making it myself.