Indian Diet!

nivi_r
nivi_r Posts: 37 Member
So I am a vegetarian and a (South) Indian.

How does it matter on a weight loss forum you ask?

Well, my diet is basically Indian and I am interested in knowing how people have found the calorie counter on this site for Indian meals?

12061491.png

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    I eat a lot of Indian dishes, but I log the ingredients and weight them first and not the whole meal, which might be way off. Just a simple dal in the data base here might have anything from 130-300kcal per 100 grams and you don't know how much of what ingredients the people who added those meals used.

The problem is the canteen at the office. They do have little infosigns with nutritional information, but it seems to be rather off at times. If I'm certain something is way off I look up a recipe, adjust where I think they might have added more fat and log the ingredients. It might still be somewhat off, but it works for me as I reached my goal and am maintaining my weight now.

Only got angry with the canteen people recently. Some people complained the vegetarian dishes were bland, and so they added more ghee - without adjusting the nutritional information. Oh well... Other people complained about the fatty food, and now they took it off again.