Hi. Biker gal on a mission.

Options
heya. my name is Jo and im on a mission.
i have weight loss goals at heart, but also want to focus on lean muscle building.
i love my motorbiks and no longer want to be the chubby biker chick. i want the curves to stay on my hips and not on the rolls of fat round my stomach.
got my first half marathon in march..arghhhh
help me anyway you can and follow my rise to pure awesomness
twitter jomiller88

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Oh, wow. Have you been running already, or are you planning on starting now to run a half in March? What training program are you using?

I'm signed up for a half in march as well (the 29th), and am using Hal Higdon's training programs (after it being suggested by some accomplished runners here on MFP). Good luck!
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    Biking is so much more comfortable without the fat.. I can wait till you see that for yourself....
    I still remember that first time I went over a speed bump and didnt get the 'Homer Belly' scenario *boing boing boing... never ending* ... it felt like something magical :)
    Good luck on your journey, Im sure you'll neet loads of new people to help you to your goals :)
    xx
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I joined a group that trained weekly together for a marathon. That was really motivational !! I couldn't have done it alone