Why Am I Not Losing?

Options
13»

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I know 115 sounds too small, but I do have a really small frame. I would mainly just love to see the scale get down below 120 again. I have been there before (granted I was 18 years old and I know things change as we age) and I would just like to be in a place where I feel small again.

Only you will see the scale. If you want a better shape - start lifting some heavy weights. EVERYONE will notice that you look great. Getting smaller and smaller is never the answer. Good luck!! (Beautiful dress, btw!)
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    If you lift weights you can focus on being smaller (measurements) than the freaking number on the scale. If you wear smaller jeans at the same weight, why is a number so important?

One of my best friends is an inch taller than I am. She also weighs 5lbs less than I do. I work out with weights (thankfully I love it) and she does not. She will not.

Guess who is smaller? I am. I am a size 2 at 5'8 and 132-135 and she is a size 6 and is steadily 128-130. She is also a sugar freak and it shows. In her belly.

While a calorie may be a calorie (and yes she lost weight going on a chocolate donut diet, not kidding) - body composition depending on where your calories come from can be vastly different.
  • rachelleigh4988
    rachelleigh4988 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for all the helpful advice! It sounds like I need to be focusing more on toning up through strength training and a better diet. I really appreciate all the encouragement and ideas!
  • rachelleigh4988
    rachelleigh4988 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yeah, if the last time you were <120 was 18, you're going to have a hard time get there again. sorry. your body changed in 7 years.

if you really want to drop the body fat percentage, i suggest doing a lot more strength training. trust me, it works. you seem partial to the work out videos though. any chance to hit the gym and start pick up some barbells and dumbbells?

I know, you may be right!

Unfortunately, joining a gym isn't really an option for me right now. But maybe I can increase my strength training at home with additional pushups, squats, etc and some more work with my hand weights.

if the gym isn't an option, i would look into something like this.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

In my opinion, at your height and weight you are at now, i would try to step back from the "i must weigh a certain number" and work on body composition. back off the cardio a bit because that is killing your LBM. You want to preserve that.

This workout looks great, I'm trying it today. Thanks!
  • JeanMarieJ
    JeanMarieJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cardio will not give you the toning results strength training will give you. Focus on strength training and eating clean. Don't cut out carbs but eat the good ones and protein after your workouts! If you get toned you may gain weight as you increase your muscles, but don't worry you will be smaller! In high school I was 150 and a size 10, 36D @ 5'10" and before I lost my way 2 years ago I was 165 and a size 10 and a 34C. I was smaller but more tone.