Starting out with Tae Bo

Options
My metabolism is fairly fine so its not hard to lose weight. I have trouble getting protein due to my diet and I have anemia so iron is a problem too. Building muscle is extremely hard for me. I am starting Tae bo and a healthy diet and it is working out for me. the thing is I either quit of give up my diets after two weeks,Any tips?

Replies

• jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The best one: Don't quit.

Some others:
    Set a goal to make it 4 weeks. That can make it less intimidating. After the 4 weeks, set another 4 week goal.

Make sure you take a day off from exercise each week. You might benefit from a day off from dieting each week as well. I've heard some people do that with success.

What's important is to know yourself and figure out what triggers your quitting. Manipulate the situation to avoid that trigger as much as you can.

You also need to consider what prevents you from getting back on track quickly. I'm down to about 2 diets a year now. I diet for a while; I quit for a while; I start dieting again. Each time the quit period gets shorter. Keep trying and your quit periods will get shorter too.
  • Tajk7
    Tajk7 Posts: 5
    Options
    jrose1982 wrote: »
    The best one: Don't quit.

Some others:
    Set a goal to make it 4 weeks. That can make it less intimidating. After the 4 weeks, set another 4 week goal.

Make sure you take a day off from exercise each week. You might benefit from a day off from dieting each week as well. I've heard some people do that with success.

What's important is to know yourself and figure out what triggers your quitting. Manipulate the situation to avoid that trigger as much as you can.

You also need to consider what prevents you from getting back on track quickly. I'm down to about 2 diets a year now. I diet for a while; I quit for a while; I start dieting again. Each time the quit period gets shorter. Keep trying and your quit periods will get shorter too.

Thank You