Ate too much and feel so bleh

Options
Let me start this off by greeting everyone merry Christmas!

So the title says it all. I ate waaay too much during Christmas Eve, and again today. I'm pretty sure I ate around 2,000 calories the whole day yesterday and so far 1,000 calories today. But that isn't the whole problem. Obviously, I gained weight and inches. I'm around 119-120 lbs now (Usually am around 116-118), and instead of having a 27 inch waist, it's now 28.5. I just want to know if the weight/measurement change is a permanent thing, or how long it will take for it to go back to my normal measurements. A little part of me (or maybe all of me) just wants reassurance that my months of sweat and work wasn't wasted in just two meals. :-(

P.S. If you're saying that 2,000 calories is too little, I know it is. It's just that I'm still in the process of reverse dieting (1,500 until next Wednesday; increasing 100 cals per week since I'm not used to eating too much) until I can consume 1,800-2,000. I used to consume 1,200 calories a day from September - mid December, so now I'm trying to go back to maintaining my weight instead of losing/gaining.

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    What's the point of easing into it?
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    What's the point of easing into it?

do you mean easing into maintenance? because after a few months of consuming just 1,200, i can't go right back up to 1,800. can't eat much
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Why not?
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't think two days can mess up months of work.
    I know I can gain 2-3 pounds overnight, but that goes away in about 2 or 3 days.
    I never took measurements after eating a lot, so I'm not sure how long it would take to reverse that.
  • paradi3s
    Options
    Why not?

at 1,200 (sometimes less), i ate 3 meals a day every 5-6 hours. i'm now at 1,500, eating 4-5 meals a day and still feeling really full after eating a small meal. i still can't imagine eating 2,000 calories a day, which was what both surprised and frustrated me today.
  • fit_DE
    Options
    Your hard work is DEFINITELY not undone. It's christmas :D it's ok to splurge a little bit. Just pretend it never happened, get back to your work out and eating routine and those extra few pounds will start coming off, and that extra 1.5 inches around your waist are just probably water weight, don't worry :)
    Merry christmas :)
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Surely the weight and inch gain is because you're full of food... not anything else? I weigh 118 and it takes a bit more than 3,000 calories over 3 days to change that. Because I'm fairly small, if I have a big meal my stomach sticks out a lot - all that food has to physically fit somewhere and obviously weighs something. That's all. Don't worry. Enjoy the holidays.
  • paradi3s
    Options
    Thank you and happy holidays to all of you! :-) Will probably just have my sister hide the scale and measuring tape until Monday so I won't keep obsessing over it hahaha
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Look at you. You are young and gorgeous. Enjoy your day sweetheart and forget about. It is Christmas, relax and enjoy. :D