2»

Replies

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Yeah, that too :)

• s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ah the candida diet. Its been a while since Ive heard that one! I bought a workbook on anxiety (to work on my generalized anxiety disorder and PTSD) and the book is great but I literally ripped out the section on "medical conditions that can cause anxiety" because Candida taking over your body was one of them. Also adrenal exhaustion. So now my book looks funny but I don't start laughing every time i open it.

Thats my story

Also ACV is wonderful on warts. just saying. I think all vinegar works but it smells the best.

Also in salad dressing and with baked chicken.
    oh! and on arctic char. really delish. Maple ACV glazed arctic char. now thats what i want for dinner. dammit.
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Is vinegar good for you? I am inclined to believe so. Do I make my own vinegar-based dressings? You bet.

Would I drink it straight? Nope - I value my tooth enamel. You can't fix that once it's gone.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    so i've got a lot of skin issues and i hear consuming apple cider vinegar daily may help with cleansing & digestion and greatly aid in helping with chronic skin rashes/conditions. anybody have any experience with making a little mixture of avc to drink? i can't imagine it tastes that great lol, but if it'll help calm my skin i'd be willing to try it..

o:)

Actually apple cider vinegar is considered a fermented food and has many prebiotic benefits which is pretty much the food for the bacteria in your gut (probiotic). You would have to get raw apple cider vinegar to get the most prebiotic benefits.

While I don't take ACV myself I have been taking pre and pro biotics, eating more fermented foods, fiber etc for the past 3 weeks and haven't had any of the digestive issues I previously had.

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I use Bragg's in my salad dressings. Never tried putting it on my face. I would def. dilute it for any usage except in cooking.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    thanks the first no was very helpful

i do use it sometimes topically, but my skin is sensitive so i have to dilute it quite a bit so it's not as powerful, but ive also read on forums/sites that including avc in the diet could help when you struggle with things like tinea versicolor & other candida problems

I have Tinea Versicolor and apple cider vinegar doesn't help with it at all. If you have tinea versicolor you can use selsun blue as a body wash or if that doesn't help then have your doctor prescribe you fluconazole.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    thanks the first no was very helpful

i do use it sometimes topically, but my skin is sensitive so i have to dilute it quite a bit so it's not as powerful, but ive also read on forums/sites that including avc in the diet could help when you struggle with things like tinea versicolor & other candida problems

I have Tinea Versicolor and apple cider vinegar doesn't help with it at all. If you have tinea versicolor you can use selsun blue as a body wash or if that doesn't help then have your doctor prescribe you fluconazole.

Yep. I've had tinea versicolor and the little bottle of whatever they gave me (I think it was basically prescription Selsum Blue in a slightly different form) worked like gangbusters. I'd probably just go and get some of that if it were me.

However, I do love to use ACV mixed with calcium bentonite clay as a facial mask. Keeps those pores squeaky clean!
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Also if selsum blue extra strength isnt working head and shoulders clinical strength has worked for my seborrea issues. Can be used the same way selsum blue extra strength can as body wash
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    See a doctor and/or dermatologist. The problem with these unproven home remedies is that people use them and put off/avoid getting actual medical help. You can even ask the doctor about diet.

god you don't know how badly i would love to go to the doctor but you need money/insurance for that and i have neither lol

and ok! yea i wasn't planning on drinking it straight up raw by itself god that'd be disgusting and i have enough teeth problems as is hah. as for the selsun blue suggestions, nope, all i got was an allergic reaction and chemical burn. same with head & shoulders. alas my skin hates me i think

also i don't think the candida diet is like a proven thing at all, but i know cutting out sugar can help a lot when you have tinea, because the yeast feeds on sugars from your body etc but even if the candida diet 'did work' i'd never be able to follow it and wouldnt care lmao
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    In order to find reliable data (research) on any health topic, go to Pub Med.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
    I put in the search string [apple cider vinegar candida] and came up with _one_ study, which says that it is effective, applied topically.
    That makes sense because tinea is a fungal infection & fungus prefers to grow in a basic evironment.
    Drinking the vinegar would have no effect. The body maintains a very narrow range of pH (other than in the GI system).
    I've been mixing a teaspoon in a glass of water twice a day. I like it. I would never promote it as a "cures all" substance, but I haven't been bloated since taking it and it has given me a little more energy throughout the day.
    Having a little bit of extra low-power acid in your stomach does absolutely nothing toward production of gas in your intestines, nor toward making your mitochondria more efficient.

There are plenty of studies showing that regularly drinking it will erode your tooth enamel.