200 lbs to lose and gain a healthier lifestyle

Options
Hi, my name is roxanne and i am morbidly obese and have decided that my fat is trapping me in this huge body and am reaching out to those who are still hiding and struggling each day with their battle of weight. I have already have devised a plan of action but am always interested in hearing how others deal with coworkers who push food, make comments that are not too helpful,dealing with the day to day stress of the stares of people,kids who look like why are you so big. I also am struggling with my fear of exercise basically making a fool of myself at the gym or hurting myself.

Replies

• TheCriz76
    TheCriz76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome Roxanne :) I struggle with a lot of the feelings you do. Don't worry about what anyone at the gym thinks...you can do this :)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hi Roxanne, welcome to My Fitness Pal. I understand where you are coming from as I have a sister who is morbidly obese (but in denial). I see her suffer many indignities and embarrassments but she is not ready to change her life. I am glad to hear you are willing to make that change. It takes guts to share that with people so congratulations on the start of feeling good about yourself.
    there are many group and forums as well as many people who have made the changes you want to make. search through the success stories and connect with people who are in the same situation and those who are well on their way. There are lots! They can probably give you the best advice and talk about how to make the change. Also I would recommend you talk to your doctor and get a checkup is that is possible.
    Best way (I think) to get going and I have recommended to friends is to just start tracking your food in MFP. It will A) get you used to the tool and B) show you what you are really consuming. It will be an eye opener, it was for me. Good luck and don't worry about making a 'fool' out of yourself. You have already proved you are no fool by wanting to change.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hi Roxanne, I was the same when I started (seriously obese, scared of the gym) but after going there a couple of times I realised that not one person gives two craps about what anyone else is doing and are certainly not judging you, no matter what you may think :)
  • samdu
    samdu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Roxanne! I am in the same boat and asked for a Fitbit for christmas to get myself moving! i'm also tracking my food on MFP. i've decided that this WILL be the year that I get healthier - maybe we can do this together! feel free to 'friend' me if you would like to! i know i would be happy with the encouragement! Good luck!