polar h7 bluetooth hrm opinions and compatible?

Options
deup
deup Posts: 129 Member
so the gf got me a polar h7 hrm for Christmas. i am wondering if it is compatible with myfitness pal?
as well i am doing both weightlifting and cardio would this hrm be okay with this or would i need to return and find one thats compatible and what i need?

Replies

• jrgenuine
    jrgenuine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey so was it compatible? what did you end up doing?
  • arober11
    arober11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Indirectly, you need to use one of the "partner" app's to: pair it, grab the readings during a session, calculate the KCals and feed the results to MyFitnessPal.
  • Zyphun
    Zyphun Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Like Arober11 said, you need a companion app. Polar makes Polar Beats that is meant to pair with the H7. As for using heart rate for calorie burn, you can but it is just an approximate guess. I personally use my monitor (an H7 also) to make sure I am in the range I want to be in so I can adjust how intensely I am applying myself. I just started doing interval training and it has been really helpful.

So use an app to monitor or log activity. For Cardio I use Runkeeper, because even if I am just using it as a stopwatch in a gym it shows and tells me my heart rate and the zone I am in as I work out.