Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nutribullet

2»

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    NK1112 wrote: »
    I tried my first nutribullet smoothie this morning ... it tasted good and was faster to make than in my old blender, plus easier to clean.

However, can I really put frozen fruit and/or ice cubes in it? Every recipe I read thus far only had fresh fruit and vegetbles as the ingredients.

I don't do ice in the Nutribullet, but I often use frozen fruit. Just make sure you don't overfill it and have enough liquid in there and it works fine. One thing I find the Nutribullet doesn't pulverize well is nuts. I often throw a few nuts in my smoothies and there are always tiny little bits, which is ok with me. If I do it in the Vitamix, they are completely blended, but the Nutribullet is way more convenient for single serving smoothies, and easier to clean.

• Love it, use it daily.
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 86 Member
    NK1112 wrote: »
    I tried my first nutribullet smoothie this morning ...

However, can I really put frozen fruit and/or ice cubes in it? Every recipe I read thus far only had fresh fruit and vegetbles as the ingredients.

I use my nutribullet everyday (I got it about 6 months ago)
    I ONLY use frozen fruit in it. Sometimes I add ice.
    I like my smoothies cold.

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Stupid question: I use a $12 single serving blender and it does fine with ice and frozen fruit. So what will a nutri bullet do that I can't do now? I look at them evrry time I am at Costco and think it would be nice to have a new toy, but I can't figure out what it will do for me.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Love mine! Makes my skin glow! I have been a vegetarian since birth so I already eat a lot of vegetables but I hate the texture of all types of berries so I was always missing out on fruit antioxidants so the bullet has been great for fruit!

I also recommend making protein shakes in it they make great pumpkin pie chia smoothies!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Loving mine. It replaced our blender for smoothies. Better blending and easier to clean.
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    I love mine. I bought it quite a while ago and still use it. Not always for smoothies though, it completely replaced my food processor. For example to make hummus it takes about a minute with the Nutribullet and another minute to clean it, with the food processor it was 5-10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to take apart and clean.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    love it. use it for meal replacement shakes and "nutriblasts".
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    I love mine. I bought it quite a while ago and still use it. Not always for smoothies though, it completely replaced my food processor. For example to make hummus it takes about a minute with the Nutribullet and another minute to clean it, with the food processor it was 5-10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to take apart and clean.

How do you make the hummus?
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    I upgraded to a ninja. My nutribullet didn't last long. It seriously doesn't compare to the ninja. I will never own another nutribullet after using the ninja.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    I love mine, I use it for all kinds of things! Makes really good guacamole.
  • NK1112
    edited December 2014
    Since I opened the Nutribullet up Christmas morning I've made 3 different smoothies. The recipes that came with the machine are not the ones I made ... but my own concoction. The first one was too watery, the second one was too thick and the third one was just right.

I used baby spinach, fresh strawberries, canned pumpkin, cinnamon and kefir today and the taste was just what I was looking for. The macro's for it also fit right into my nutrient goals. (27 g carb, 14 g protein, 4 g fat) I think I found a keeper recipe.
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    I love my nutribullet. I have had mine for about a year and use it daily for morning smoothies, soups, sauces, etc.

I see a lot of people asking about ice. I use ice in mine with no problem. I also use frozen fruit with no problem.
  • kayokarma
    kayokarma Posts: 30 Member
    i have a ninja with a nutribullet like attachment, LOVE IT

Is the Ninja better or equal to Nutribullet?
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    I use it about once a week. Wish it did better with kale. I always have pieces left floating about. Why is that?
  • NK1112
    edited February 2015
    This was a good tasting shake ... used the small bullet

2 tablespoons hemp protein powder (Nutiva organic brand)
    2 tablespoon chia seed (organic, black, whole chia seed)
    2 tablespoon sour cream (full fat version of no gelatin sour cream)
    1 tablespoon natural unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey's brand)
    4 frozen strawberries ... each 3/4" - 1" diameter
    1 tablespoon light maple syrup (2014 spring sap run)
    1 cup black coffee (half decaf - cooled to room temp)
    3 romaine lettuce leaves, cut up (organic, inner leaves about 2" x 6" ea.)

Calories: 325 Carbs: 40 Protein: 18 Fat: 17 Fiber: 18

This made a very full small bullet and tasted really good. Didn't fill me up for as long as I'd hoped it would though. Was hungry 2 1/2 hours later.

• joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Oh. Yeah. Mine is a totally different kind of bullet.

BUAHAHA
  • NK1112
    I've noticed that smoothies make me crave sweets. There must be something different in finely shredded veggies whirred in a blender than chopped veggies in a bowl, or cooked veggies on a plate.