Looking for friends to start the new year off right

Options
I have tried numerous diets before, but this time is going to be different. I am determined not to fail, but have success. I am looking forward to gaining valuable friendships on this weight loss journey to get healthier, for myself, and family. I am nurse and take care of everyone but myself, which is common in the healthcare field. And the time is now, to start taking care of my health. My husband and I have 3 children, and I am at my heaviest weight in my life. I am looking for friends who want to support, and encourage each other on this journey. Cheerleaders ! lol

Replies

• shkruemmel
    Options
    Hello. I would be happy to be part of your support system! I lost about 75 lbs aabout three years ago and about half of that has creeped back on to me in the past year or so. I have gone back to my old habits and am just feeling miserable with the extra weight. my goal is to lose 50 to 60 lbs. ( I had not reached my full goal 3 years ago) I am living proof it can be done, but I am here to say you need a support team behind you that's for sure.
    My fitness pal is new to me, so not sure how to use the community forums and support. I just discovered the community tab after using my fitness pal off and on for a mont..lol just let me knowif you have any pointers using this app
  • sarahmayskilton
    Options
    Hi I'm new hear and would love to help. I am a health freak who 3 years ago was at a very unhealthy weight of just 49kgs. In an effort to gain the weight I was never able to, I turned to take-aways because a healthy one wasn't working. After 3 years I've gone a little over my proper weight and struggle to turn back to the healthy way. So in both walks of my weight life I know what its like to fail, but with a can do attitude we'll make it!
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have had great success here and I think you'll find this site to be full of support, great info and motivation. I am a licensed massage therapist and have children and a husband and completely understand the concept of taking care of everyone but you! Please feel free to add me if you like. I'm always looking to add new, supportive friends here. I also spent many years as a cheerleader for real LOL. Good luck on your journey and happy holidays!
  • Liecca
    Liecca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a student nurse who wants to join the Defence Force nursing but I am obese with BMI of 36 :'(. The acceptable BMI in defense is 33 and below. I lost 4.5kg (9.9lbs) since I used myfitnesspal and mapmyrun/mapmywalk and also my fitbit. I would like to reach my goal of 45-54 from 83kg therefore, I would like to have healthy weight watcher and cheerleader as my buddy. Please add me :) Thank you so much
  • Jewlz1972
    Jewlz1972 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mum and a student writing up a PhD. I'd like to lose a little weight. Not much. Improve my cardio fitness after sitting around so much lately. I'd like to have a few friends to meet the challenges with. Perhaps have a few competitions to bolster each other or get me going when I'm feeling lazy. This forum seems the place to be!
  • DianePK
    DianePK Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! I'm trying to stop compulsive overeating, so happy to help anyone, including myself stay accountable. I lost my job and turned to food basically, and my career is a young person's game so being overweight is not helping. I need to lose weight to look good, to get a job. I'm happy to be a sounding board, anytime.
  • yaya794
    Options
    I'm in! I gain around 25 lbs during the last year and I really want to lose that. it's difficult for me to start and mantain a healthy routine.
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all!
  • rudybailor
    Options
    Ho everybody
  • Staci387
    Staci387 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm a recent law school graduate. I gained about twenty five or thirty pounds while studying for two different state's bar exams & also dealing with a breakup. I am finally done with ten years of college (finally!) & now I'm ready to lose the bar exam weight I gained, as well as an additional forty or so. So all in all, I want to lose fifty to sixty pounds.

I have lost fifteen pounds or so already. I began by dieting, then added exercise in the mix. I do not look particularly heavy, & no one would ever believe I planned to lose another sixty pounds. But I am exceptionally dense. I am naturally very muscular & have always weighed a LOT more than I appear to. That's a good thing usually because I carey weight well; but it's also frustrating because I have to lose quite a bit of weight before there is any discernable difference.

I would love to have an I dividual workout/diet buddy to share my journey with & provide support to. If anyone is interested, please feel free to shoot me a message! Thanks!
  • rudybailor
    Options
    Hi ever body. ...I m italiano And in these 3 days i m only eating for christmas..help me ....lol
  • dheeortiz
    dheeortiz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    your more than welcome to add me to your friends , good luck on your journey
  • FATDADDY82
    Options
    I would like to help and receive the same encouragement aswell . About 5 years ago I lost about 133 lbs and felt great . We'll I don't know what happened , I fell off track after a small injury and could never climb back on . I do believe if I had the right encouragement and support I could have succeeded . I have now gained about 80 lbs back and feel miserable .I am married with 3 kids and look to start with an healthy outlook for me and my wife and children for 2015 !
    To whom all it may concern PLEASE ENCOURAGE !
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone new! You can all feel free to add me. I've been here since June and have lost 40lbs so far with another 30lbs to go. I've fallen off the wagon a bit in the last couple of weeks due to being back on steroid medication that makes me crazy hungry all the time - plus Christmas! I'm starting a new treatment on the 7th so hopefully I can get back on in the new year.
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello all, Feel free to add me. Always looking for friends and support :)
  • jparnnell
    Options
    Hey, am here to kick off some major weight so add me if you like :)
  • sailor51
    sailor51 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new to all this, what is adding friends. I assume it is like a support and more motivation. Sorry, haven't had time to really look the web site over.
  • jehjr139
    Options
    Add me. Im looking for friends
  • AmyMar13J0hns0n
    Options
    I am also looking for new friends to start off the year. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • gingerandspice
    gingerandspice Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am happy to see all the replies for support ! I am willing to support others as well ! I feel that support does wonders in a person's life ! I will start doing "friend requests" as soon as I figure it out, this site is new to me.