Please recommend Yoga DVDS

Options
I try to attend yoga daily, but soon due to my work schedule I will only be able to attend 3 classes a week. I sleep better and my back is happier with a daily practice. What DVDs do you use or would you recommend? Thank you!

Replies

• Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love anything by Shiva Rae (sp?)
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thank you :smile:
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Do you have a preference for a particular yoga tradition? Ashtanga, Kundalini, Bikram, Power Yoga,...?

The sun salutations, Surya Namaskara A and B in Ashtanga yoga might be a good start on your day and you wouldn't have to invest in dvds that you might outgrow or not enjoy at some point. If you go to Mysore classes, you will advance at your own speed and receive a new asana when you're ready for it, so that would cut down on class time even more (since you would keep practicing the series at home).
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also have a Shiva Rae DVD that I use sometimes.
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    DDP fan.
  • Chandler330
    Options
    I enjoy flow and hatha classes, but I'm open to trying other types :smile: Thank you all for your responses and suggestions
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You should do a search on YouTube. They have a ton of Yoga videos. That is what I tend to use now. A lot of variety and free!
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    DDP fan.

I was JUST going to suggest that.

Seriously, it's an excellent workout program.

• Chandler330
    Options
    Awesome :smile: thank you! I bought a few dvd programs with iTunes gift cards I received for Christmas. I'm also starting PiYo tomorrow and am looking forward to that.
  • stephaamu
    Options
    Jeannette Jenkins has a really good yoga dvd, intermediate but you can modify the poses for beginner or advanced.
  • Chandler330
    Options
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Inhale with Steve Ross (youtube has full videos, not available on DVD yet)
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    the only yoga I'm familiar with is the yogaX dvd in 90x. its quite a workout. im sure its on you tube or something