Taking supplements to uh supplement a low calorie diet

Options
I'm currently trying to cut calories pretty dramatically from what I used to consume, (3k+ down to ~2k) but in doing so, most of my "good" (A, Iron, Potassium, Calcium) macros are suffering. I can try to focus on some healthy foods to get these nutrients, but is there any reason not to take Vitamins to make sure I'm getting all that I need? 30lbs down, 20 to go, 98 days til target!

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    good macros suffering at 2k calories?

Re-assess how you are eating.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I mean, if you're concerned about it, a multi-vitamin certainly won't hurt. But you should be able to get all you need and more through your diet, especially at 2000cals.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I even heard some people in the forums saying that the multi vitamin helped curb hunger craving because they had better macros. Good luck!
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I mean, if you're concerned about it, a multi-vitamin certainly won't hurt. But you should be able to get all you need and more through your diet, especially at 2000cals.

Absolutely! At 2k, you should be able to get what you need.

Multi's are great to keep your vitamins and minerals up, but I never noticed them to curb my appetite.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    A take a multi-vitamin basically as "insurance"...but at 2,000 calories, you should be able to get in all of those nutrients with food without much difficulty.