my fitbit did its job...

Options
I haven't wanted to do anything in about a week, except sleep and lay on the couch.... yesterday i got a fitbit for christmas and the plan today was to relax on the couch and work from home, i got a notification that i was about 1000 steps behind someone in a challenge so i decided to go for a walk and was able to beat her in the challenge :smile:

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nice work.
  • Lorriegib
    Options
    Motivating! I have been thinking about getting one. My daughter has one and loves it. Perhaps it will give me that needed push..
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I also love how motivating it is
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I got it for Christmas last year and it has def helped me to keep moving on days when i'd rather not.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    just got one yesterday as well. haven't set it up yet, but am looking forward to it. any tips?
  • Renee0887
    Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Excellent...feel free to add me. I have a fitbit one...www.fitbit.com/user/2SS5LM
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Have seen the new gold fitbit band $199 Tory Burch.......has anyone seen or brought one of these......they look awesome
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    just got one yesterday as well. haven't set it up yet, but am looking forward to it. any tips?

Join the Fitbit Users group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Connect your accounts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • twinklestar128
    twinklestar128 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just set mine up tonight. I'm looking for friends and I'm excited to start doing some challenges!
  • argos14
    argos14 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Love my FitBit!!
  • MPD6944
    MPD6944 Posts: 75 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm also looking for new FitBit Friends - feel free to add me! //www.fitbit.com/user/2RPL8J
  • hellomiaow
    hellomiaow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've got drivebit but it doesn't seem to reduce step count when it should-any ideas anyone? :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    hellomiaow wrote: »
    I've got drivebit but it doesn't seem to reduce step count when it should-any ideas anyone? :)

You're better off posting a new question about Drivebit in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • TahoeSki
    TahoeSki Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit!! Got mine in April 2013 and I'm positive it's helped me be more active and maintain weight. The challenges are fun!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    hellomiaow wrote: »
    Do you drive a lot, and it always counts steps the whole time? If you drive around the same amount most days and weeks, it's probably not worth bothering with making an activity for each time. Just raise your step goal a little to compensate and carry on watching your overall trends. Driving does take some energy, too, just not as much per 'jostle' as walking.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    For Pete's sake, if you have to use an app to record driving, why not just use apps to count your steps?

I was given one of these things for Christmas and I'm try to decide if I should bother opening it or just sell it on eBay.

It logs driving as walking?
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I haven't wanted to do anything in about a week, except sleep and lay on the couch.... yesterday i got a fitbit for christmas and the plan today was to relax on the couch and work from home, i got a notification that i was about 1000 steps behind someone in a challenge so i decided to go for a walk and was able to beat her in the challenge :smile:

awesome!
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. It's been the best purchase I made all year.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Have seen the new gold fitbit band $199 Tory Burch.......has anyone seen or brought one of these......they look awesome

Yes I've seen them, fabulous looking but just too much money which I can't justify
  • MrsHollingsworthThomas
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. ..I've inspired my mother in law, her boyfriend and now my bf to get one.
    Mine was a gift but I'd buy it myself in a heartbeat.
    I've broken one & lost another & the customer service was AWESOME about replacing. ..for free!
    It makes you constantly more aware of your activity level. If you're competitive, the challenges are a great tool.
    The Tory Burch bands look amazing, but I can almost buy a new Fitbit for the price! !! No thanks.
    Check out getting a band on Etsy..there's a few places there that make more 'feminine' bands and accessories. I think I'm going to try one from there. They're reasonably priced around $25-35
    Good luck!
    I hope you love it ad much as I love mine!!