advised CI lower than BMR?

Options
Hello everyone , my goal is to lose about 20 - 25 pounds by summer 2015 and I am new to Mfp, so I'm not sure how to deal with this. So, as advised by the site I've been trying to keep my cal intake around 1200 even though my calculated Bmr is around 1350 . I exercise 6/7 and not very high intensity and try to eat most of those calories back. in the beginning I lost a couple of pounds but lately I seem to be stuck, if not gaining. I am not doing much different so wondering , could it be because of
- CI<BMR???
P.s: my aim was to loose about half a kg a week ( so about a pound a week )
... and though I'm posing this question now this is a before holidays issue so I'm not regarding these days, when I suppose I might even gain a few...

age 26 , I'm 5'3'' about 145 pounds , haven't weighted in 2 days , goal weight around 122,

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are weighing, measuring and adding your food accurately.
    A better goal may be .5 lb per week as you have little to lose.
    If you are using MFP for your calorie burn only eat back 50-70%. It is known to overestimate.
    Eating under ones BMR is not generally advised unless under a doctors supervision.
    JMHO.
    happy holidays, h.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I put your info in the Scooby Workshop calculator and with the amount your workout, height, weight, etc., it gave me around 1900 calories for a 15% deficit. You'd lose about .7lb per week which is a healthy amount and doable.
  • Relajuice
    Relajuice Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I advise you not to weigh in daily. People's weight fluctuate for a variety of reasons from day to day. Stick to the program you are doing and weigh once or twice a week. You will find that not stressing about the scale and just following your program is much easier and the weight will fall off.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You might be eating more calories than you think. Either drop the calorie goal 100 calories a week until you start losing or start weighing and measuring every bite of food that you take.

I am assuming that you've already visited your doctor to have him oversee your weight loss journey. If you haven't, do that and discuss the calorie goal while you're there.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    thanks for the opinions guys :)